New Humax PVR-8000T 80 released

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by hollins1987, Sep 23, 2004.

Tags:
  1. hollins1987

hollins1987

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey y'all. Humax has now released an updated single-tuner PVR to replace the now somewhat small capacity original, which I assume will be discontinued. The new 'PVR-8000T 80' has double-capacity HD at 80GB (equating 40 hrs recording approx.) and has the same functionality that the original PVR-8000T has with latest firmware.

It can now be bought from www.247electrical.co.uk and www.qed-uk.com for circa £150.

2. Ikki

Ikki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Apparently the 40GB hdd that was used is going out of production, so the change is through neccessity rather than anything else. Otherwise it's the same piece of kit. :rolleyes:

3. hollins1987

hollins1987

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I assumed that the HDD was the only change within the model, however I think it is a welcome addition to those who want a larger HD, but don't want to void their manufacturer's warrenty in the process. And it seems cheap for £10-20 more than the original 8000-T for double capacity!