New Humax HDR-1000S Freetime PVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Clem_Dye said:
My only 'worry' is whether the box can be used in single tuner mode. I'm hoping that it can,

Clem

I would of thought it can, but it may be unlikely you would be able to take advantage of its twin tuner capabilities.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I would of thought it can, but it may be unlikely you would be able to take advantage of its twin tuner capabilities.

A poster on DS from someone who played with a box at IBC suggests that single cable mode ala the Foxsat-hdr will work with a external splitter, presumably with tuner 1 connected to the splitter connection that passes control signals to the lnb.

Posted by Night Watchman

As regards the input there is no longer a loop-through but I was told a splitter could be used to provide the same function for single cable users.

leeboy22001

lbear said:
Was it connected and working? The publicity pictures show the menu option but at launch only iPlayer and ITVPlayer were installed. Youview also has another player from 5 for children.

None of the on demand services where working :-(

MolehillMike

Just looking at ordering this to replace my SKY+ HD... all seems good so far :)

On holiday for a week, then I'll ook more seriously when back. It uses my current Sky dish so seems pretty straight forward, and will save me £30 a month :)

People unless any one here is reliably informed otherwise, I don't believe that it is possible to copy a recording from the hard drive to a usb memory stick

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
People unless any one here is reliably informed otherwise, I don't believe that it is possible to copy a recording from the hard drive to a usb memory stick

Why - where did you get the idea ?

afaik the only info direct from humax is this quote direct from Humax on the MyHumax forum is this

Content sharing via home network - From launch you will be able to use the HDR-1000S as a client device (so you will be able to access content from a shared device in your home (PC, Laptop, NAS, HDR-FOX T2). We plan to include the server functionality at a later date.

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I have been looking at join free sat-If you know how to copy a recording from a New Humax HDR-1000S Freetime PVR to a flash drive I'd be interested to hear about it

How would I, so far afaik no-one has one in the wild. The only way I know how to find out specific questions is to post on MyHumax where Barry will ask Humax and answer if allowed.

Let's just say Ian often posts information that is shall we say not always accurate :eek:, might be correct at launch, might not be.

Already posted the Humax response about media serving from the box.

The important question is what Humax intentions are in this respect. Only Humax knows the answer. Based on previous Humax pvr's both the Foxsat-hdr (Freesat G1 box) and the HDR FOX T2 (Freeview-HD) allow archiving of SD recordings to USB.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
grahamlthompson---I have done as you sugest, and await the answer

I have seen your post. Should have been in the thread designed to ask questions about the hdr-1000s. If you read the thread there is already quite a bit of info about the new box.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I've never used that other forum before. Hopefully my honest mistake will be picked up and treated in a proper way

No problem one of the mods will move it into the thread just to keep all the relevant info in the same place. Bear in mind if Barry does get a definitive answer from Humax he may not be allowed to publish it. What is known is that the box will be able to stream recorded content (including HD) to another HDR-1000s, a HDR FOX T2 (most likely vice versa) and possibly to a HD FOX T2 as well. The HDR FOX T2 already has this capability.

I take it that usb archiving is a feature you want ?. The custom firmware for the Foxsat-hdr has made it a lot easier to archive content using ftp or Windows Explorer directly over a network.

Last edited:

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Is the on demand content available in HD?

Graham,
Yes archiving is important to me, the method with in reason is not to important. Not every thing broadcast is offered on DVD/ Blu. A long time ago, I had an ex-rental video recorder that was free of macrovision & copyguard and a top draw panasonic 4 head 77b. In those days, if I liked a documentary I could then make an advert free copy to keep Such things as the real captain bligh. Content providers get to much their own way, what about paying customers, ie people on this forum

cryingscotsman

Cancelled my sky + sub and put a deposit at Satbuyer for this, sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. Hope the rumoured Netflix support actually comes..

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Is the on demand content available in HD?
Presumably yes. The newer Humax Freeview-HD boxes have access to the BBCi player HD content so I can't see a new Freesat box not having it. .

zAndy1

Distinguished Member
Presumably yes. The newer Humax Freeview-HD boxes have access to the BBCi player HD content so I can't see a new Freesat box not having it. .

What about the 4od , ITV and channel 5 on demand stuff, is any of that available in HD?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
What about the 4od , ITV and channel 5 on demand stuff, is any of that available in HD?

afaik currently only the BBC have vod in HD. At launch the box won't have channel 4 or 5 catch up services anyway.

Jack_is_Back

Has there been any mention of Lovefilm support? If there was this would be superb.

I'm buying one anyway to replace the Foxsat-HDR, won't be sorry to see the back of that crappy user interface.

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Jack_is_Back said:
Has there been any mention of Lovefilm support? If there was this would be superb.

I'm buying one anyway to replace the Foxsat-HDR, won't be sorry to see the back of that crappy user interface.

I've got lovefilm on my Blu Ray player which I tried the free trial, but I didn't like it. I'd much prefer to have Netflix which I think will be coming at some point.

davedrizen

grahamlthompson said:
afaik currently only the BBC have vod in HD. At launch the box won't have channel 4 or 5 catch up services anyway.

If that true there may be some very unhappy people returning there box as the currys ad I have seen shows the product details has having demand 5 & 4OD with no mention this is to be added later.

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
davedrizen said:
If that true there may be some very unhappy people returning there box as the currys ad I have seen shows the product details has having demand 5 & 4OD with no mention this is to be added later.

It's all explained on the Freesat website and if all goes to plan, waiting up to a few months after launch isn't so bad.
Will the new boxes with free time have catch-up services?
Yes, the free time products have BBC iPlayer and ITV Player now, and 4OD and Demand 5 are expected later this year.

We have plans in the pipeline for other video on-demand (VOD) services, but these will be coming later on.
And this is what you see on screen.

image-2862243935.jpg

Last edited:

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
How annoying that this box is announced just as I get my foxsat box, guess I'll have to sell that now. I mainly want the new recordings interface and sorted out favourites. It says it has time shift recordings - buffering time 120min, does that mean with this box I can record the program from the start if I only started watching halfway through?. Would be good to reverse back further than when I started watching too.

Does anyone know if the 1tb model is launched alongside the 500gb and what rrp it has?.

sida

Standard Member
Very disappointing to find out Dolby is not supported via HDMI, as confirmed by Humax tech. sup.
Original Foxsat is quite an old box and understand it hasn't got this feature, but in current times for the brand new spanking hardware there is no excuse for the lack of it.

Just waiting for "oh you can always connect via SPDIF", but that would be missing the point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone