• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New Humax HB-1100S anyone?

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Humax recently released the HB-1100S box (see https://uk.humaxdigital.com/product/hb-1100s/), which looks like a refresh of the older HB-1000S to me. Anyone got one? From what I can make out, it's just a new style case and the wi-fi is integrated. I ask, as one of my HB-1000S boxes seems to be acting up a bit lately, so I'm vaguely considering replacing it.

TIA, Clem

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Pretty sure the spec at that link is wrong. It says pause and rewind TV - No. If you have a recording usb hard drive attached pretty sure like the HB-1000S the answer is yes. Essentially you are correct it's a HB-1000S in a pie dish case and built in WiFi. Same UI and single tuner restrictions as the earlier model. eg record one and watch another from same transponder.

TJT1

Distinguished Member

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
Well, I just looked at that link again and it seems correct to me. I think that some of the info. is incorrect, which wouldn't be the first time on the Humax website, to my recollection. I was just curious if anyone had actually bought one, but looking at the specs., as you say, it looks like a cosmetic exercise.

Clem

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Surely that is correct unless you connect an external drive.

It is but it's just under the the statement that you can record live TV if you connect a hard drive. Surely that should say Record and live pause and rewind of currently viewed channel. eg You can record BBC1 HD and watch and live pause BBC2 HD while recording. Afaik you can also record the BBC2 HD programme in it's entirety from the time shift buffer after the BBC1 recording finishes.

At the very least it's misleading.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Well, I just looked at that link again and it seems correct to me. I think that some of the info. is incorrect, which wouldn't be the first time on the Humax website, to my recollection. I was just curious if anyone had actually bought one, but looking at the specs., as you say, it looks like a cosmetic exercise.

Clem

I take it you can live pause your HB-1000S if you have a recording drive attached ?

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom