New Humax 1.00.10 software - gotcha

ianh64

Novice Member
If you are not already aware, the 1.00.10 software is available to download from the Humax web site. Plenty of banter about it on www.hummy.org.uk. Its a significant update, and two versions ahead of the latest OTA version.

For me the most significant update is the ability to do multiple selections for delete and playback. So it is finally possible for the Humax to archive multiple programmes in contiguous form. Great for the 24 episodes of Bob the Builder that I just did.

However, this functionality is a double edged sword, so I thought that I would warn people here before they loose potentially important programme material.

When you perform a multiple programme selection, make sure that you clear the list down after you have performed the operation that you intended. Due to driver error, it took me 3 attempts to suss the archive functionality. So for most of yesterday, I had 6 semi important programmes selected. Until my wife when to delete Strictly Come Dancing and the selected programmes got deleted instead.

Having selected programmes aver a period of time is probably not normal operation, you either delete them or archive them. But I have asked in a future s/w update that all programmes be automatically unselected when you exit the programme library screens.

In the mean time, Don't Drink and Drive (your Humax) and watch out for the subtle wording differences in the prompt when you are deleting a single or multiple programmes.

Skev

Standard Member
Ian,

Just uploaded version 10 and it is a significant improvement. Reading your post, I got the impression that you were able to join a number of episodes of Bob the Builder together to make one file - but I can't work out how to do this. It's great that you can play them one after another via the playlist function, but ideally I'd love to covert all the episodes to one file so that the recorded programme list is not clogged up.

Can you do this on the new version? If so, how?

Cheers, Skev

Gadget Daddy

Novice Member
nah youre not able to do that only multiselect what mayve possible in future is to create folders where you can dump all episodes/films/kidsd stuff etc

I must say though this update is without doubt the most front end functionality improvement to date, well done hummy technicians :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom