• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New HTPC Jukebox - Help required

dbthedon

Standard Member
Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct part of the forum, so excuse me if its not.
Im currently midway through building a Touchscreen HTPC " Jukebox" and have a few questions for some of you who may be in the know. Ill start off however by listing the components i currently have.

ELO 15" Touchscreen
Pioneer Notebook Slotload CD RW \DVD
AMD 4400 + x2
4 Gb of DDR3 (had it from an aborted gaming rig build)
Asus Mobo
2 x 1 TB's of Storage drives
1 X 80 GB OS + Apps drive
Vista Ultimate
Crappy 300W PSU but its silent and small
Silent CPU fan
Asus 7.1 soundcard
Wifi card

These are going to be in a single floor standing unit in a jukebox style similar to http://www.jukebox45s.com/touchscreen-digital-jukebox-software.htm

But is going to be finished in piano black and in composite (im leaving that up to my mate who designs and works with composite).

It will be a general HTPC for my stored ripped dvds and movies controlled by remote and/or touchscreen and also a jukebox controlled by the touchscreen.

The questions are
1- Which software solution would provide a good interface for both my movies and mp3s via both onscreen remote use and touchscreen. Ive looked a vmc and media portal but was wondering if there were any other viable solutions.

2-I want to have a glowing Wii type Led across the top when loading a disc into the slot load dvd. Any ideas on how to accomplish the necessary wiring or indeed if its possible at all?

3- I plan on changing the PSU but am unsure as to a good , cheapish and silent option. any ideas?

4- I will need to wire up a power switch to the front of the jukebox, but i am struggling with finding a good looking Momentary switch to wire up to the mobo power switch. Again any ideas?

5- And also looking for a discrete IR receiver solution, i would prefer one i can either butcher and incorporate it discretely into the design. i had a look at the official MS one but it look huge!.

Any other help or advice great appreciated.

davema1kin

i know it's an old post, but i am currently doing pretty much the same thing...

did you finally get this done..?? if so, what software did you use..??

did you use it just for music or did you hook your movies to it and put it through your tv..?

i think that is what i am looking for....

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom