New HTC phones in Q1/Q2 2012

Synchro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Holding out on getting my upgrade just now.

Looking for a phone that has: -

- Very high quality, not just decent quality screen.
- Fastest processor on the market (quad core Tegra 3?)
- Made by HTC (not into Samsung or anything else, mainly due to build quality issues and tactile feedback whilst holding phone)
- A camera that has at least 8 M Pixels and works well in low light.
- Decent battery life (even considering all of the above) and the ability to easily switch to backup, charged batteries when out and about.

I feel if I'm going to ugrade and commit to 24 months with my new HTC (currently still on Hero), then I at least want all of the above.

What do people think? There are currently no phones that tick all these boxes, atm. Will they get ticked Q1/Q2 2012?

Syn

P.S. I like the new Nokia Lumia 800, but I'm not ready to give up Android for WM, just yet. Maybe, in 2 years time though.

Last edited:
Trying very, very hard to NOT buy the Nexus.

Reasons? Build quality and camera let it down.

Must, hold out for new HTC's, must hold out for new HTC's, must........

The Edge is looking like it might be getting my money ATM.

Linky

Synchro said:
Trying very, very hard to NOT buy the Nexus.

Reasons? Build quality and camera let it down.

Must, hold out for new HTC's, must hold out for new HTC's, must........

What phone do you have now? If you have something like an HTC desire, just root it and it will tie you over until new HTC devices come out

I have a HTC Hero. Wife has a HTC Desire.

Synchro said:
I have a HTC Hero. Wife has a HTC Desire.

Damn that is a tough ask holding onto that lol but if you had a desire you could easily wait as it's an awesome phone that can hold Its own compared to recent dual core devices.

Only holding onto Hero, as have I also have a HTC Flyer ;-)

Need to upgrade phone though, been waiting for the right features to come out (see post 1). Without those features, I wasn't going to be getting what I wanted, in a rapidly evolving market.

Synchro said:
Only holding onto Hero, as have I also have a HTC Flyer ;-)

Need to upgrade phone though, been waiting for the right features to come out (see post 1). Without those features, I wasn't going to be getting what I wanted, in a rapidly evolving market.

Wait for the new htc devices next year like me

It will be. i bought a N95 when it first came out and waited until HTC kaiser and htc desire to come out before i upgraded. good things comes to those who wait.

believe you me, once quad core becomes a norm for phones, device tech will become a bit stagnated i.e you wont see a 6 core or something silly like that for a very long time.

If phones where cheap as chips and did nto require you to tie people in a 18month contract then people would have a new phone twice or three times a year!

You'll be wanting the HTC Zeta. Google it. It'll probably be THE HTC developers phone like the HD2 from 2009!

I saw the Zeta a few weeks ago, but it's been confirmed as a concept phone afaik.

I'm currently playing with the galaxy nexus and its a pretty awesome phone I must say

jonneymendoza said:
I'm currently playing with the galaxy nexus and its a pretty awesome phone I must say

But would you buy one...that is the question?!?

well it is definetly alot better then my htc desire but i know that if i buy one, it will be outdated early next year in a big way.

compared to a galaxy s2, its not that much different tech wise and smoothness. i think i am 90% certain to wait for a tegra 3 device instead as i know those quad core devices wont be replaced for a very long time in terms of raw power/speed.

dual core phones are over a year old now

I'm also liking the look of the HTC Edge. I could be tempted to hold on for that.

Exactly, I keep checking the web forvthese new phones, but nothing yet. Not really expecting anything to arrive and risk.knocking Xmas sales down on the current crop. New year should see some previews in my opinion.

Ive had a go at the galaxy nexus and its a good phone. ICS is brilliant but if you already have a dual core phone its not worth it. i have a desire so it destroys my own phone BUT i know that quad core tegra 3 devices are around the corner and it will destroy this galaxy nexus phone to bits

jonneymendoza said:
Ive had a go at the galaxy nexus and its a good phone. ICS is brilliant but if you already have a dual core phone its not worth it. i have a desire so it destroys my own phone BUT i know that quad core tegra 3 devices are around the corner and it will destroy this galaxy nexus phone to bits

But do you honestly need 4 cores in a phone? What can't you do now that a quad core will enable you to do when released?

If future proofing is your thing, then fair enough. However, I personally like to upgrade my phones after no more than 18 months, simply because I fancy a change. For example, I've just upgraded my Nexus One to a Galaxy Nexus - The N1 did everything I wanted a phone to do (with the exception of not having a front facing camera), but I upgraded simply because I was entitled to a free upgrade.

I guess buying sim free is different, but I couldn't resist as my total contract cost is well under what the phone would cost me to buy sim free.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom