1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HT300 E-Link "Live Colors Management"

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by VUDSM, Oct 2, 2004.

1. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

The following information is from the Sim2 website about the new software on the HT300 E-Link :

Complete color control with the new SIM2 Live Colors Management (LCM) and Gamma functions.
    The HT300 E-LINK features SIM2 LCM and Gamma functions. The LCM algorithm allows you to precisely adjust color temperature to your preferences. Simply, choose from the 36 predefined white points in CIE Chart. In addition, you may choose from the wide range of possibilities provided by the Gamma Tables to optimize image to the connected source (12).

Intelligent Memory functions
    The HT300 E-LINK can store up to 3 image memory settings such as brightness, contrast, color temperature, etc. for each input; that is 75 settings total. When you select a new source, the parameters stored in each memory may be applied simultaneously. Or, you may simply choose to recall despite the change of source.

I have a HT300 Link, is Sim2 looking at making this software available to owners of the previous model Link. If not, what are the reasons that would prevent this from happening?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Derek

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Derek,

At this moment in time I have no info as to whether previous units can be upgraded.

As the chip is different in the 300E and E Link (DC3 DMD) I'm not so sure but will check with Alan next week.

Regards

Jeff

3. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for that. If the new software is designed to work only with the DarkChip 3, then maybe Sim2 could look at modifying the software to work with a standard HD2+ chip as found in the old Link.

The new software sounds really interesting and it would be a shame if existing Link and Extra owners couldn't take advantage of it.

Look forward to an update next week.

Thanks again.

Derek

4. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Derek,

Alan was off sick last week so I have not had a chance to speak.

Jeff :rtfm:

5. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the update. Hope Alan is on the road to recovery.

Have you seen the new Color Management software yet? If so, what are your impressions.

Regards,

Derek

6. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Derek,

Will be getting a 300E this week so will report back when I have had a chance to put it through its paces.

7. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Derek,

You have a PM

8. VUDSM

VUDSM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff,

You have a PM.

Derek

9. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Derek,

I have just received my dem 300E and I have to say Sim2 have done themselves proud with the new DC3 DMD and the new firmware.
    The gamma selection and colour temp adjustment are a big improvement on previous models and the grey scale tracking is spot on right across the range.
    Black level and contrast have improved further and colours are very natural. Skin tones are excellent.
    By far the best single chipper that Sim2 have produced.

10. Omardris

Omardris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff

I have the HT 300E for 4 weeks and I am not very happy with it.
    The software version is 2.39.10 F.

The colour temp adjustment doesn't work properly. The standard settings are far too cold. I have this checked with colorfacts.

The gamma selection only can be adjusted to the values 01, 02 and 03.
    The software partly falls away in the service menu.
    I consider giving back the device.

Which software version has your HT 300E ?

PF

11. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Omardris,

Our Dem. 300E has 2.39.13 firmware and all the gamma/colour temp settings work like a dream.

Jeff

12. Omardris

Omardris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff

Many thanks for the information.
    I have installed the software version 2.39.13 FE by now.
    However, there still are the same problems with the gamma selection.
    I will give back the device.

PF

13. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yesterday I had my new projector the Ht300e. I olso have some problem with the settings of the color temperature.It seems to me that the green color is stronger than the other I tried playing with color temperature and gamma correction and the picture came better but not what I have expected.I try to set the colors again tonight and see if I have the results that I wishing to get.
    Maybe tommorow I will borrow from my friend The pioneer 868 to connect it with HDMI and see what change there will be.The other projectors from sim2 they have an option to reduce and increase the colors to your preference.

14. Svensk

Svensk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all:

I am a brand new owner of a SIM2 300 E-link since ~one week and thus far very pleased with its performance. I have not had it color corrected yet being that I was told it should "burn in" for ~200 hours (like amps, cables etc). It has been adjusted using Joe Kane's disc but only to the best of our eyes ability. I do have a question for you experts out there; what is the latest SW version and how can this proud owner upgrade it myself, or can I? I must admit that I am a bit surprised that for the price, the lens is not clear or free from what appears to be a "fog" from not being cleaned properly before installation. This is on the inside of the lens assembly with no opportunity to be cleaned. Have any of you seen this before on your units? Suggestions on how to clean short of sending the unit back?

From a pure functionality/operational standpoint, it shows excellent clarity, brightness, contrast, black levels, color rendition and the sharpness is almost scary - and this w/o being calibrated! Watched Shrek 2, The Clearing, and The Terminal last night and despite my aging DVD player, all three "popped out".

Thanks in advance and look forward to your replies.

Svensk

15. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Svensk

Welcome to the Forum

Do not be concerned about dust or "fog" on the lens elements. With the intense back light from the lamp, projector lenses always look slightly milky and dusty but this won't have any effect on picture quality. When you clean the front of the lens, you will find in no time at all that there will be more dust particles.
    It always looks worse than it is. Don't clean the lens unnecessarilly, only if it gets contaminated with a finger print.

The latest s/w I have for the 300E is 2.39.13

S/W upgrading is very simple using an RS 232 M/F cable between the Sim2 and the serial port on your PC.

16. Svensk

Svensk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jeff and thanks for the speedy response and welcome!

Good to hear that the lens issue is normal.

Now to the next novice question, where do I download the SW? I have checked on the SIM US website and the download section is still under "WIP". My SW is 2.39.08 and would like to be current before the final calibration. Suggestions or links where I can download it?

I have noticed that three times in the last week the processor seem to have lost its memory. Each time when turned on it either did not boot up, did not center on screen, or it was both upside and way off on the colors. I am not real concerned at this point but will keep on eye on it. I use a Furman IT Reference series power conditioner so I know that the incoming power is stable.

Thanks
    Michael

17. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Michael,

I can send you the latest s/w.

Just email me at: projectors@eurobell.co.uk and I will send it by return.

Head scratching time why you should have problems when you fire up.

See how you get on after loading new s/w.

If you still have problems then get hold of your dealer.

18. ims

ims

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Jeff,

I have also 300 HT Link I think it would be good idea if you could take up with Sim2 to do something with the SW as suggested by Derek, alteranatively Sim should have trade-in policy.
    Hope Alan could shade some feed back on the matter.

Thanks.
    Iqbal

19. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi Iqbal,

The new s/w is not compatible with the hardware in the original 300 Link. (I did try it out of interest and it doesn't work)

As far as trade-in policies go, this is something you need to discuss with your dealer, not the manufacturer.

20. Svensk

Svensk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Jeff for all your excellent support and communication :beer: . I installed the latest SW 2.39.14 and it was very simple (after I found the RS232 cable :smashin: ).

If anybody needs the SW update, pls let me know and I can email it to you. Please note that it is for the latest SIM2 300 E-LINK only.

The projector has now for the fourth time decided not to boot up :(. After I turn the pwr of on the processor and wait ~30 sec. it boots up just fine and runs great. I will give a few more weeks and if it happens again, call the experts.

Svensk

21. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Svensk

Make sure you turn on the PJ and then the DOIP at least 5 secs later, then wait for a steady blue light on the front of the DOIP before firing up from the r/c.