New house, new TV?

Andy Braund

Novice Member
Reaction score
So I hope to be moving house in about 4 weeks and I want a new TV, room is quite large 6m x 5m, so I'm thinking 75" or bigger.

I currently have an LG OLED55B8PLA which I'm still very impressed with and it will be going into my new bedroom.

Don't really want to spend more than £2k but could push it slightly, looking around the WWW the Samsung QE85Q60T fits the bill nicely, or am I missing out on another barging???

So I hope to be moving house in about 4 weeks and I want a new TV, room is quite large 6m x 5m, so I'm thinking 75" or bigger.

I currently have an LG OLED55B8PLA which I'm still very impressed with and it will be going into my new bedroom.

Don't really want to spend more than £2k but could push it slightly, looking around the WWW the Samsung QE85Q60T fits the bill nicely, or am I missing out on another barging???
The Samsung is an LCD, and would compare poorly with your OLED for PQ. If you want a 77" OLED you will need to up your budget a bit.

OK, what about the Sony 85XH9505BU?
Still an LCD. Not saying you shouldn't get an LCD, but you just need to be aware that it will not match up to your OLED for PQ - particularly when it comes to the gray blacks and blooming that LCDs suffer from. If you want LCD, then Sony would probably be the better choice above Samsung.

Sony XH9505 is definitely the one to go for if you want a mixture of good value per screen size, without sacrificing too much with picture quality.

If you're not absolutely set on getting a massive 75" screen (65 is easily big enough for that room if you're not going for "home theatre"), you could get one of last year's OLEDs at a great discount - a Sony A8H is best if you don't absolutely need VRR (not that it works right on LG OLEDs). Even though there's hype about increased brightness in this year's OLEDs, that's all it is - hype (I've A/B'd with the same settings and they're indistinguishable (A9G and A90J). Since the A8H is basically a rebadged A9G, you can't go wrong :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom