New House, New TV watching environment, New problems to solve.

SuperSam

So, having frequented this thread and taken some inspiration it is time for me to tackle the TV watching environment in our new house.

A typical end of terrace Victorian semi that has not been designed for me to sit down and watch Star Wars in.

I have thought my way through most of the problems with placement and I believe I have a design solution that will tick all of the boxes but am left with a couple of questions.

I will be mounting the Tv on the disused chimney breast but will be above the opening (which will house 'those annoying black boxes!'). I want to get the tv as low as possible to reduce the neck ache, is there a minimum amount of brick work that should be below the wall bracket to maintain its structural integrity? The TV is a 55' CX802 (for now), it's not the lightest TV so reasonably priced (cheap) wall mount recommendation is also welcome.

Secondly, the opening. From what I can tell the flue is open so I will need to do some sort of boarding to stop any muck falling down the chimney and into the treasured little black boxes. Does anybody have experience on the best way to do this?

All advice is greatfully received.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom