• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New house new set up

WirralMick

Established Member
Just thought i'd share a few photos of my new set up, I got myself an Onkyo 609 with the Q Acoustics 2000 series in gloss black but with 2020s on the front instead of the 2010s

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    233 KB · Views: 569
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    241.4 KB · Views: 491
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 483
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 488
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 516
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 577
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 990
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 782
Last edited:

ahaydock

Established Member
Very nice and like the glass shelves.

dazza1883

Standard Member
Nice work I'm in the process of similar renovation myself. How have you mounted your shelves? I had some previously but they did not stick out like yours and could not find any decent mounting to fix them with.

WirralMick

Established Member
Nice work I'm in the process of similar renovation myself. How have you mounted your shelves? I had some previously but they did not stick out like yours and could not find any decent mounting to fix them with.

Just some chrome shelf brackets from B&Q, they were about £5 a pair, they hold the shelves firmly in place

ChristovJN

Established Member
Not sure personally if I like the way the units stick out but thats just my preference :)

Room itself looks very smart, a lot better than how it looked before, excellent job!

Yoggo

Established Member
Like the glass shelves - nice effect. Personally, I would have gone for smoked glass but I guess the clear glass is less obvious.

cymruoasis

Established Member
What have you used to mount the speakers? And more importantly, are you happy with them? I've been tempted by the QAs for a while!

WirralMick

Established Member
They're mounted with the proper Q Acoustics brackets which are great, the speakers sounds great although I do prefer the sound of my old KEF Coda 7s, they're front ported so having them close to a wall doesn't make any difference to the sound

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom