New House - New Lounge! 50", Onkyo, Kefs, XTZ....New Pics!

zed4

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Updated photos further down the page!

Hello everyone,

I've just bought my first house after renting for a few years. Been saving up for a long time, property in the New Forest is pretty pricey compared to other parts of the UK! We wanted to make our first house purchase the right one. Take advantage of the stamp duty break and keep it for a good few years. We're extremely happy with this one and could definitely see us staying here for years to come. It's got everything we need, 3 beds, 3 toilets, big garage, conservatory, beautiful garden, good kitchen, and a perfectly square lounge - ideal for home cinema!

Unfortunately, to afford it I had to sell a few toys, the sports car (now share a car with my girlfriend), my mountain bike, my watch and a few other bits, but I got to keep the home cinema! So here are a few photos...

Our House April 2012 by danyeates, on Flickr

I have a new big solid oak dining table and chairs and coffee table on order to replace the naff Ikea junk that's there at the moment. 2 weeks and they arrive! :clap:

Thanks for looking,

Comments welcome!

Dan

Last edited:
Looks good mate

Thanks!

Didn't add the all important kit list....

Panasonic TX-P50VT20 with 4 pairs of 3D glasses
Custom made Chunky Monkey AV cabinet
Onkyo TX-SR876 AV receiver
Panasonic BDT-310 3D blu-ray player (twin HDMI out, video to TV, audio to AV receiver)
Sky+ HD
Apple TV 2
Kef KHT 2005.3
XTZ 99.18 ICE subwoofer
Pure AV surge protector and 6 way adaptor, chunky speaker wires and cables etc.
iMac 27 for media

Upstairs we have a Panasonic TX-P42GT20, Pioneer surround sound system, PS3 and Xbox 360.

Wow what a lovely looking house and you also got the perfect room layout for 5.1, quite a big room by the looks of it too. the sacrifices you made definately paid off.:thumbsup:

markiedee said:
Wow what a lovely looking house and you also got the perfect room layout for 5.1, quite a big room by the looks of it too. the sacrifices you made definately paid off.:thumbsup:

Thanks! Yes, 17 x 17' so quite large. Looking forward four new dining table and coffee table to finish it off.

The rest of the house is just as nice, if not better! Lovely big conservatory.

Having a high quality modern house really makes a difference. Behind the TV cabinet are 2 satellite sockets, aerial socket, phone socket (one of 2 in the lounge, another behind the computer) and 4 power sockets. They've really thought out where everything should go. Several lamp sockets around the room too. Every room in the house has a tv socket and phone socket. Very handy.

Looks great! We have the same TV, so I must commend you on your choice!

Also really like the landscape prints on the wall. Are they your own photographs?

lucky247 said:
Looks great! We have the same TV, so I must commend you on your choice!

Also really like the landscape prints on the wall. Are they your own photographs?

Thanks. Yes, the photographs are my own. Not sure whether to put some more up either side of the TV. The painting between the windows is my girlfriend when she was younger. It was painted by her uncle.

Forgot the biggest news, got some XTZ 95.44 floorstanding speakers on order!

Last edited:
Yammy lover said:
I have the exact same tv unit/stand! That's a very nice room and loving the new speakers :smashin:

Exactly the same?! Got any pics? I had it custom made by Chunky Monkey. It's lovely. Due a wax so must get some.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm thrilled with it. Speakers sound incredible, so crisp and clear! Really pleased with the new furniture too. Really pleased we had enough left over after he house deposit to get it all.

Got the lounge nearly how I want it now. Just need to find a computer desk. The place I bought he dining table and coffee table from do a matching computer desk but it's a bit rich for me right now. Concentrating on the garden now, painting fences, building new shed and then fitting lots of lighting to illuminate all the lovely fruit trees! :)

Exactly the same?! Got any pics? I had it custom made by Chunky Monkey. It's lovely. Due a wax so must get some.

Thanks for all the kind comments. I'm thrilled with it. Speakers sound incredible, so crisp and clear! Really pleased with the new furniture too. Really pleased we had enough left over after he house deposit to get it all.

Got the lounge nearly how I want it now. Just need to find a computer desk. The place I bought he dining table and coffee table from do a matching computer desk but it's a bit rich for me right now. Concentrating on the garden now, painting fences, building new shed and then fitting lots of lighting to illuminate all the lovely fruit trees! :)

Sounds all good.. I like to have matching furniture, its a must when I get money together haha. I had a closer look at your tv unit and its not quite the same as mine. But its a spitting image, looks very similar! I haven't got photo's of it for the moment as only just purchased the unit

Yammy lover said:
Sounds all good.. I like to have matching furniture, its a must when I get money together haha. I had a closer look at your tv unit and its not quite the same as mine. But its a spitting image, looks very similar! I haven't got photo's of it for the moment as only just purchased the unit

Ah, interesting there's a similar cabinet out there.

I was very lucky to find a furniture range that matches my tv cabinet so well! The tv cabinet is actually reclaimed pine, just waxed to make it look like oak. The other furniture is all oak.

Nice setup buddy :) Well done!

You going to switch out that centre soon? :)

Philw101 said:
Nice setup buddy :) Well done!

You going to switch out that centre soon? :)

Thanks!

Probably won't change the centre TBH. It fits in the cabinet and is up to the job at the moment. Didn't design the cabinet with upgrades in mind!

There is some XTZ centre which can be mounted vertically, then perhaps you just need to take off that center shelf, I guess :)

Lovely setup Dan....though get the tv on the wall and get a center that will do the rest of it justice. ;)

Are those a new model of XTZ speakers?......I've not been looking at av equipment since I finished my room setup last year.

Lovely setup Dan....though get the tv on the wall and get a center that will do the rest of it justice. ;)

Are those a new model of XTZ speakers?......I've not been looking at av equipment since I finished my room setup last year.

Reluctant to put the TV on the wall TBH. The floorstanders are so deep it would look odd. Could stand a centre up vertically in the stand but the shelf is fixed, not removable so would take some modification.

Got my head set on making the garden look amazing now, so will not be spending anything on the AV until winter I expect!

Not sure how long these speakers have been available for. Might be fairly new, don't know. :confused:

Very nice set up mate. XTZ seem to be coming more and more popular!

Good luck with getting some decent weather for doing the garden!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom