• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New House Need Automation Help

warjam1945

Established Member
Hi

I am building a new house and i want to put in all the bells and whistles in home automation. The only problem i want to do it myself (with the help of a friendly spark). I haved looked at the nuvo range for sound but could someone please help me out and tell me the best equipment and the best place to get it. The house is in ireland and its around 5000sqft and i might also wire the garge up to.

Any help would be a great help.

Thanks

warjam1945

Established Member
well i am looking to have sound in 6 - 8 rooms and TV in a least 5 - 6 rooms. Don't care about lighting really expect maybe in the cinema room. The little touches like heating and cctv controls i would add if the price was right. Seen a NuVo Grand Concerto for sale along with the keypads for 8 rooms all i need is plates for the tv,phone and data for each room.

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
CCTV can be done quite cost effectively Heating is more expensive and would require something more advanced than Nuvo. Nuvo grand concerto is good for music especially Ipod and radio.

warjam1945

Established Member
What about tv like sky to every room or several or the outputs from the cinema room like dvd/blu ray could they be streamed into every room cost effectively?

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
What about tv like sky to every room or several or the outputs from the cinema room like dvd/blu ray could they be streamed into every room cost effectively?

Depends on the quality your looking for but for upto 6 sources (Sky HD, DVD, Bluray, etc, etc, etc) then £3-4K for good quality video distribution kit

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
Depends on the electrician....If proficient at data cabling could wire for video distribution, the actual install and commisioning can be trickier depending on the kit. As for the hardware Intelix at the entry level (HDMI), Smart-e at higher level (mixed signal analogue video distribution) in between is AVatrix and Neopro

EDIT I have just had a sneak preview of video switcher 4x4 designed to be used with a multiroom system that should be under £2k this would make for a nice smaller system

Last edited:

hornydragon

Distinguished Member
it gives you 4 sources of video to 4 zones which can be part of a larger audio system which could be 6 sources to 8 zones (up to 4 of which could be video sources) and 4 zones could include video

Last edited:

warjam1945

Established Member
it gives you 4 sources of video to 4 zones which can be part of a larger audio system which could be 6 sources to 8 zones (up to 4 of which could be video sources) and 4 zones could include video

what money would that be? Is there a name or brand name of the item? Starting to get worried now about of these terms i don't know. Setting up a 5000sgft house and also a garage is starting to look a tall order.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom