New House Help!

graemewh

Standard Member
We have just moved into a new house and we have neighbours that are very heavy footed it seems their stairs joins onto our wall and we can hear them all the time but it seems that can hear them when they walk full stop it really is annoying espeicially when its 12am!! they have a little kid as well but obviously she would be asleep at this time so its them!! I wanted to get the walls soundproofed but havent a clue where to start can anyone help? thankyou

graemewh

Standard Member
Sorry Im just at a loss what to do and how uch it will cost etc as ant to put something in place as its driving us crazy I know we could knock and ask them to keep it down but its hard as they are probably only walking up and down the stairs etc its the thin walls in the new build, we cant hear the TV or conversations just vibration fro the floors

Last edited:

Curly99

Distinguished Member
when we had this problem we used to joke about buying them slippers, anyway to be serious for a minute, any permanent solution, soundproofing...etc is going to take a while so in this instance it is best to call around and at least make them aware of the problem, they may not be aware there is a problem, you might be surprised that once they are aware the problem might not be so bad.

Curly

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Not sure how old your house is, but it sounds like the original build is defective. I'm no building expert, but every semi or terrace I have lived in has not had the level of noise penetration you are suffering from.

I assume your home is less than 10 years old, so you might be able to get it corrected under the NHBC warranty. I suggest you talk to other neighbours to see if they have the same problem. Then call the builders and start a dialogue.

graemewh

Standard Member
House only been built for about 8 months but dont want to really knock round and cause an atmosphere I do think its because of their stairs and landing having no carpet on so hen they go up and down the stairs and on the landing it vibrates, my wife said her friend said she soundprrofed her house by herself?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom