New house build and want to hide away sky, bluray, media PC

Stephen Teare

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm completely new to home networking for TV, as although a computer techie I've wired up my current house very simply, 2 x cat5 to a few rooms back to a central 24 port netgear router. However I have just bought a new build house and they will lay cat6 cable. So what do I want to do:
3 main rooms on 3 floors.
Den on top floor
Main TV room middle floor
Study ground floor

The aim is to get the ground floor under stairs cupboard to house the internet and BT and sky incoming connections therefore housing the sky box and bluray and internet router.
The top floor and study are getting internet only as xbox in the den on the top floor will show sky if needed.
The main thing I need to do is hide away the boxes but allow them to function in the living room middle floor. People have said to me because the run is about 8-10m to the TV point from the cupboard to just have HDMI cables going to a blanking plate to connect up sky etc. well that makes a simple solution but how do you control it?
Sorry to be a simpleton but if it was just data I'd have 2-4 cat6 in each room. Can anyone help and would the hdmi cable option work?

If you have run Cat6 cables I would use these as your HDMI distribution method as they will also allow for IR control.

A central 4x4 HDMI Over single or dual Cat6 matrix will allow up to 4 sources (Sy, BluRay, etc) to connect to 4 TVs via Cat6. Any TV can watch any source in any combination.

This way you have total flexibility on what you watch where.

The system includes IR passthru so you can control you sources from the Tv locations

A Dual Cat6 4x4 Matrix we have on offer at £499+VAT at the moment including 4 receivers and all the IR accessories.

A single Cat6 (HDBaseT) 4x4 Matrix is £1299+VAt including 4 receivers and all the IR Accessories.

The HDBaseT matrix also has the advantage that it uses POC (Power over cable) so no need for power at the receiver end, and also supports longer distances.

Hope that helps

Hi there thanks for your reply, I had an email this morning from HD Anywhere their systems allow for both PoE or not options £1500 incl vat without PoE or £1999 for PoE option for 4 TVs. So what does your system offer and links to reviews as I would be keen to know the differences.

Hi

This is a newly released product (January 2014) so no reviews as yet, though maybe you could be the first !!

Ours offers

Extensive EDID Configuration
Both HDBaseT and HDMI Outputs
RS232, LAN or IR Control
POC (Power over cable) as standard
(We prefer to use the POC terminology as POE means Power over Ethernet and it isn't really Ethernet but the same thing in practice)
Two Way IR as standard with all the remotes and IR emitters and IR Receivers included (I believe these are extra on the HdAnywhere system)
Two Years Warranty

If you PM me your email address I can send through the full spec as not even on our website yet

Finally, as we are looking for references I am prepared to offer a 15% discount to you making the total price £1325 including VAT

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom