• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New house and sky in 5 rooms?!

LUSHUSLAWN

Standard Member
Hi,firstly I must apologise if I come across thick in any way.
Basically I've just split with my ex and moving house (he was the gadget freak,I'm not)
Currently I have sky + downstairs and a normal sky box upstairs in a lounge area I made for the kids.
Now I'm moving I obviously still want sky + in lounge
but I also want sky in my bedroom and both my sons want sky in theirs too! plus I might have it in the kitchen,obviously I dont wish to pay subscriptions for 5 boxes as that will be diamonds and pointless.
I've looked at free sat from sky for the boys bedrooms but at £175 each its looking rather dear,esp this close to xmas,with a house move aswell!
If anyone can tell me how i'd do this it would be much appreciated,and if you know what your doing and close to cotgrave notts,please feel free to come and do it! lol.
Ok heres the lay out,my room backs onto lounge so I could technically use a cable to run through to my bedroom,cos I wont be watching tv in bed and in the lounge at the same time.
The kitchen is bloomin miles from anything and would need lots of wire/etc
the kids bedrooms upstairs - hopefully some sorta freesat
argh,I don't know I'm thoroughly confused.
please techno wizards help me!!!!!!! x

logiciel

Hi, welcome to AVF, and it's OK about the questions - we take them at all levels :D
If you want to carry on with a Sky receiver and another on multiroom that's two rooms sorted.
For the other three you have four choices, Freeview terrestrial digital TV and the 3 types of free satellite digital TV.
The Freeview forum will get you full details about that: Freeview terrestrial
Our fixed thread here gives you the full details of the other three: Free Satellite

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom