New House, 2 tv recommendations needed: Living room (mid tier/value ($1000USD) and loft tv (higher end $2000USD )

bitt31

Novice Member
I’ve lurked on the forums for awhile and we’re building a house in need of 2 tv’s.

first and most important is the Loft TV, it will be on during the day and night as my office is nearby so I’m thinking LCD but am open to OLED. I’ve probably read too much already on TV’s and sort of narrowed it down to the Sony 75” X950H and the 65” LG CX (maybe C1). The most important things to me are sports (basketball, golf and American football) and streaming (Netflix and YoutubeTV). Secondary would be gaming, some call of duty and other FPS games and nba2k here and there.

The room has 3 windows but can control the light with blinds. So it’s not completely dark but can get close enough.

Second is the need for a new TV on our main floor living area. It will be above the fireplace and although I’d like a nice tv I’m looking for more value here. Would a 65” hisense or TCL r635 make sense or a budget Samsung model? This tv will be mostly streaming and some sports and the room has a lot of light/windows. My budget is probably $1000 USD but if something will get me even close for less I’m open to that as well.

Last edited:

Dodgexander

You're definitely on the right track with the 75" X950H. I don't think OLEDs are really suited for long term sport usage, especially things like Golf which can last for hours with the same graphics on the TV.

For the other TV, perhaps you could wait for a deal on the 65" X950H, as its end of life its price should get knocked down soon. Last year they had the X950G on sale for prime day even. With the Chinese TVs like the TCL 6 series and Hisense H9G (or even the new U8G) they are terrific value for money but still a tier beneath the Sony. If you're only interested in buying now then you can't complain, but given its the time of year 2020 stock tends to get discounted maybe its best to wait and see if there's a good drop on last years models.

An alternative to the X950H would be the Samsung Q90T.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom