New Hotmail (outlook.com)

bigmaz

Hi guys

Yesterday, I noticed Hotmail has finally moved to Outlook. Personally, I really like it, sure, like most things Microsoft does, it can be improved. I was wondering if anyone has been using it? As I am trying to use the Web Messenger with it, and I cannot see my list of online friends. The only way I can see them is if i click in the "Start a new conversation..." box, and it gives me a list of contacts. Anyone know how to change this setting so it is like the old web messenger and shows a list of online contacts?

Cheers in advance

dr no

Hi guys

Yesterday, I noticed Hotmail has finally moved to Outlook. Personally, I really like it, sure, like most things Microsoft does, it can be improved. I was wondering if anyone has been using it? As I am trying to use the Web Messenger with it, and I cannot see my list of online friends. The only way I can see them is if i click in the "Start a new conversation..." box, and it gives me a list of contacts. Anyone know how to change this setting so it is like the old web messenger and shows a list of online contacts?

Cheers in advance
I've been using for about 2 weeks now, since it was launched.
I like the clean look and layout.

But I still haven't been able to use the messenger service. Doesn't show any contacts online even when I know they are. ??may be because I am linking it to Gmail contacts??

bigmaz

I've been using for about 2 weeks now, since it was launched.
I like the clean look and layout.

But I still haven't been able to use the messenger service. Doesn't show any contacts online even when I know they are. ??may be because I am linking it to Gmail contacts??
Does it not work if you click on the "Start a new conversation..." text box? I have attached an image to show what I get if i click on it

Attachments

dr no

Mine just says 'no contacts online'
I don't use it much anyway but if I were to it would be a problem

Did you change your email address to outlook.com?

I've kept mine to hotmail.com

bigmaz

Na, I have just kept mines hotmail.com, I was thinking of changing it last night but didnt see the point.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom