New Home......New TV!

Simeo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Just looking for a bit of help, deciding to change my TV while im moving home, got a 42inch Viera plasma at the mo, but now im looking for a HD LCD about 32" although I could go 37".
Thing is im not really clued in on the LCD's so just wondering if any of you have any ideas, 32" or 37" (just in case a model only comes in 37") and a budget of up to £2000.
Was looking at the Samsung LE32R51BD, but im not entirely sure how good this set is supposed to be, finding it hard to find write ups about specific LCD sets.
Thanks for any info
Si

Get a 28" CRT for £300 and give the rest to charity if u have it to waste on a second top of the range TV

well it's just instead of carting it off my wall, and taking it with me, id leave it for my brother, and it isnt HD anyway, TH42PE30 model, so it's not really top of the range.
Just looking for a new one, anyone got any suggestions?
Cheers,
Si

clubber said:
Get a 28" CRT for £300 and give the rest to charity if u have it to waste on a second top of the range TV
Always nice to see helpful, constructive comments like this on a thread... slightly bitter are we? :nono:

Giblets2 said:
Always nice to see helpful, constructive comments like this on a thread... slightly bitter are we? :nono:

Yes, very :(

I cant seem to find a decent sized TV for under £600 which is my budget.

It doesent have to be HD but just 32" and flat

Simeo said:
Thanks for any info
Si

Well, after looking for a couple of months I could recomend the following:

32inch all HD Ready with integrated Digital and Analogue Tuners
Loewe Concept L32 - beautifully designed, premium brand, strong picture with all sources - price £1500+
Panasonic 32LXD500 - similar to above, it has lots of admirers in this forum - price £1600+
JVC LT32DS6BJ - nice looking set (not quite in the design bracket as both of the above but attractive all the same), strong picture - price £1000+
Toshiba 32WLT58 - very similar to the JVC in terms of picture quality but slightly more reserved styling

Personally if you can go to £2k I would go for a 37 inch (to really exploit HD images) - I chose the Toshiba 37WLT58 which I got with a 5 year warranty from John lewis for £1634 (a saving of nearly £400 from list price) - other possibilities in the 37 inch bracket are:

37inch all HD Ready with integrated Digital and Analogue Tuners
JVC 37DS6BJ - similar to its 32 inch sibling - picture comparable to the Toshiba 37WLT58 but lacks the extra HDMI input that the Tosh has (which will be a god send when you have a HDMI DVD player and sky hd service)
SharpGD7A7E - nice TV, with design input from the folks at Loewe - strong picture (currently offered with a 3year manufacturer warranty) - 8th generation panel from one of the largest producers in the world

To summarise - any of the TV's above (IMHO) will give you years of enjoyment and future proofing!!

Good luck

Wow thanks for the help Northerner :D Gonna have a nice good look into all those sets.

Also have a look at the Loewe Xelos A32. It's has all of the strong points of the Concept model but with even better sound quality. The Xelos has a four speaker system vs the Concept's two speaker system.

hey Northerner - how did you get the Toshiba 37WLT58 for £1634? Which JL :D

Simeo said:
hey Northerner - how did you get the Toshiba 37WLT58 for £1634? Which JL :D

It was John Lewis in Cribbs Causeway, Bristol - however I have since been advised that you can get it for £1574 (inc delivery) if you phone your local store and get them to price match the Trafford John Lewis store... basically the Trafford branch have price matched a local competitor and therefore according to JL's policy of "Never Knowingly Undersold" they have to price match their own Trafford branch... with this in mind I am actually going to get them to refund the difference (between the £1634 I paid and the £1574 of their Trafford store) :D

That is easily the best deal for the Tosh as you get the JL 5 year warranty and their excellent customer service!!! Great Stuff.

And are you happy with the set Northerner?
Can you give a quick run down of it's positives and negatives, from all the others stated it's definitley the one im most interested in now :)

Simeo said:
And are you happy with the set Northerner?
Can you give a quick run down of it's positives and negatives, from all the others stated it's definitley the one im most interested in now :)

Hi Simeo, not got it yet - delivery is 14th Nov (only time I can get a monday off work) - will let you know when I get it thouygh

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom