New home = New TV - please help

dentite

Novice Member
Hello, I am in need of a new TV. I'd like to upgrade to a 65 inch and would like to stay below $1,300. I was thinking the VIZIO 65' P-Series Quantum Series LED 4K UHD SmartCast TV. OLED just so pricey in the 65" range. I am going to invest in a good articulating wall mount for the TV so it can be viewed at optimum viewing angles for this type as I know its downfall is degrading image at increased angles. Any other TV suggestions? Thanks!

Dodgexander

So many variables nowadays, hard to recommend a TV without some detailed info on your viewing conditions, how you intend to use the TV, your sources, the quality of those sources and what you value in picture quality personally.

The Vizio P series quantum X is a HDR behemoth, it and the Hisense H9G are the cheapest ways to get the most impressive HDR impact. That does not however make them great TVs for everyones usage. In particular if you are still watching a lot of lower quality material you may be better off with worse HDR and better picture processing, for example.

dentite

Novice Member
So many variables nowadays, hard to recommend a TV without some detailed info on your viewing conditions, how you intend to use the TV, your sources, the quality of those sources and what you value in picture quality personally.

The Vizio P series quantum X is a HDR behemoth, it and the Hisense H9G are the cheapest ways to get the most impressive HDR impact. That does not however make them great TVs for everyones usage. In particular if you are still watching a lot of lower quality material you may be better off with worse HDR and better picture processing, for example.

Thank you for this information. I mostly use the TV for watching netflix and the occasional movie. No gaming. I am a very casual users. No real sound system. I would like great picture quality. The room itself is a little awkward but the mount will hopefully create a direct viewing space. Does this help for a recommendation?

Dodgexander

I thought you had mentioned the quantum X, but realise now its just the standard P series.

The Vizio P series, Hisense H9G and TCL R635 are really the main options all around the same price, all have similar overall quality. The Vizio is a good choice for gaming since it has HDMI 2.1 features. Its smart TV platform however is poor, local dimming performance is average, which will only be a downside if you plan to view the TV in dark conditions.

The TCL R635 has better smart TV, but still doesn't have great local dimming, which like the Vizio will mean it won't look as good in a dark room.

The Hisense H9G is probably the best overall TV of the three, but it has a known problem with red blur that appears in certain content, so you may find if you end up having this problem you'll want to return the TV.

I own a H9G, its a cracking TV, just not sure I can get over the blur problem, but at the same time I'm pretty sure I would have a worse overall TV if I had gone for the other options instead.

Perhaps instead consider raising the budget to an OLED, the Sony X950H or Vizio Quantum X to make less compromises with picture quality.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom