New Home install - questions

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PFM, Sep 15, 2002.

1. PFM

PFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi

Im about to embark on my PJ & screen install an to my delight I've found that the joists in my ceiling run the right way to allow me to mount the screen recessed.

Before I embark on this mamoth task (also redesigning the lighting scheme with dimmable spots) I have a couple of questions.

If I install an 8 foot screen (16:9) will I be able to fill the picture using a panny PTAE100 from a throw of 12-14 feet? Also what kind of drop (distance) should I expect from an 8 foot screen?

I want to install an electric screen to be controlled via my pronto. If I use a futronix (or similar lighting control switch) can I incorporate that to trigger the screen?

If anyone has got any screen reccomendations (electric) for the panny I be very grateful.

Ive not bought any of the kit yet so if anyone knows of any good deals for any of the above kit, I'd also be very grateful.:D