New Home Cinema Set Up

Per156GTA

Not sure if this is in the right section, so apologies if this is the case, but as there are some fantastic home cinema builds on here I thought this might be a good start.

I have a wish list of the equipment I am looking to buy for my home cinema upgrade, and ideally I would like to do my shopping reasonably near to home (Stevenage, Hertfordshire).

There is a place which does all the items I have so far 'ear-marked', but being an on-line retailler, I am not sure whether I can audition the equipment and am concerned about after market service.

Basically what I am looking at is;
1 - a 46" 1080P lcd - I like the Samsung LE46M86BDX
2 - Pioneer VSX-LX60 or 70 AV Receiver
3 - Pioneer PD-D6J CD player
4 - Either separate Blu-Ray/HD dvd players (Panasonic BDP-LX-70A & Toshiba HD-EP35) or if it is ever released, and the spec is right, a dual format player like the Samsung SB-UP5000
5 - Pioneer 5.1 Speakers S-V810A or Morduant Short Mezzo 5.1
6 - a 1080p Projector - InFocus, Themescene or the new Panasonic PT-AE2000E
7 - a 96" electric screen
8 - lots and lots of HDMI cables, connections, speaker wire etc.

There's quite a bit of cost there so I am looking for someone who comes recommended and can offer the service and components I am looking for!

Hopefully someone will come up with some suggestions of who to speak with!

Cheers

Per

Badger0-0

Yep.
And if you tell them you're a member of this forum, they'll do you a deal :smashin:

Per156GTA

Thanks for the recommendation. I saw them advertising on here so I was wondering if they were worth a call.

I'll give them a shout soon. I see they are in Kent, so quite close which is handy!

Cheers

Per

Badger0-0

I've dealt with and actually met these people.
They are extremely knowledgable, very friendly and most important of all, IMO, will not rip you off.
I'd highly recommend you speak to them and go look at their demos.
Some of the projector demos are truly stunning.

They also do full installs, but if you're into DIY, that's not a problem either.

And no, I don't work for or have any kind of association, apart from being a customer :)

inzaman

Per i will try this in general hc chat for you :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom