New Home Cinema Room

DameC

Novice Member
Reaction score
I have an empty room to convert to a cinema room, dimensions are 4.32m x 2.39m. I have decided on an Epson 9300 projector and Yamaha RXA3060 receiver and a Sapphire SFSC203 projector screen with Monitor Audio Silver FX V2 surround speakers. I need a centre speaker and 2 front speakers and a Sub. I am thinking about Dali Rubicon 2 for the front, Dali Rubicon Vokal for centre and Dali Fazon for the Subwoofer. Would this be overkill for the size of the room or can anyone recommend anything else?

I presume you are planning on mounting the speakers under the screen rather than behind, as you the screen you have listed is not Acoustically Transparent? You might want to consider positioning, as below the screen make put the tweeter below ear height, so you would need to angle them up slightly.

You could build a false wall to hold the speakers, and then fit an AT screen in front. Unless you particularly want to see the speakers?

I don't think you will find many on here tell you that any speaker is overkill! Only you can make that decision based on your budget and listening preferences. You do need to demo speakers before buying - don't just go off looks or reviews.

If this is mainly for movies, then other options to consider would be XTZ Cinema Series, but also Arendal 1723, MK Sound and Kef. There are lots of options in the price bracket you are considering.

If I was you I would increase the budget for the sub, as this is one of the most important aspects of a home cinema IMO. You would probably do better with a BK XXLS400 or Monolith Plus, XTZ 1x12, SVS, or if you can stretch the budget, look at the Arendal Subs.

You haven't mentioned any speakers for Atmos duties, are you not planning for Atmos?

Already have Atmos speakers installed, just need the rest now. Speakers are going under the screen, positioning in the room is all sorted now and I just need the speakers. Will check out the Subs you mentioned and also the other speakers, thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom