New home cinema build advice please!!

Darren2012

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all I am currently building a house it is at the wiring stage and I want to pull in cat6 and all my leads or my home cinema, and celling speakers for downstairs In Kitchen with all tv points downstairs and upstairs running with cat6 with everything running through a matrix system and dune media player
I will put up photos of the upstairs cinema room, need advice on what to buy on a tight budget?

image-4240616703.jpg

This is the upstairs where I plan to have cinema room and pool table it measures 8 meters long by 5 meters wide
Would like a projector and static screen framed with a good speaker system and receiver
I am complete novice so prob need it broke down into blue peter terms, but I am here to read and learn
Any help advice good or bad is welcome
Thanks

You will get a better response if you post a budget.

Budget around 4-5grand??I dnt know because I dnt know what it entails?
What kind of system for my cinema room would I get for 4 grand? Middle of the range? I'm a complete novice it will be for movies,ps3, music,
I have just had a fella give me a price but he dnt have a showroom or I cnt hear the speakers he is selling me or the equipment he is recommending?
Thanks

Going to have to do that, but as I need my cabling through asap so will pull 2 cat6 to each tv point and 3 coaxial so
The fella told me, plus speaker wire to each position downstairs, what is the best speaker wire to use?
Thanks again for your help!
Darren

probably not the best idea to do this as a complete novice lols

Going to have to do that, but as I need my cabling through asap so will pull 2 cat6 to each tv point and 3 coaxial so
The fella told me, plus speaker wire to each position downstairs, what is the best speaker wire to use?
Thanks again for your help!
Darren

You need HDMI cables today more than COAX. Everything connects now through HDMI.
Speaker wire depends, how much u wanna spend :)
It isn't good idea put cables behind the wall without testing first with your equipment- especially speaker and HDMI cables.

Thanks,
I know I'm a novice, but how else do u learn? He talked about coaxial for left and right audio?

The coax will presumably be used for Freeview (RF) and satellite. For speaker wire, get some install stuff on a drum. Van Damme is also great cable for the £.

Before installing the cable, you should really plan it so you don't forget anything. When I did my false wall, I doubled up on HDMI and cat6 and run an optical cable, 1 x sat coax, power and 1 x RF coax to the TV. I used satcure for the RF coax and to extend the sat coax. For HDMI, I used hdcable, for optical, I used Fisual.

Planning is especially important when you are talking about multi-zone. How many zones (additional speakers) do you plan on fitting? What sources do you intend on listening to in these zones?

I am planing on a 6 zone, kitchen, living room, bedroom, upstairs livingroom games room outdoor, I have 6 tv points, and one home cinema point, I know I am asking alot of probably simple questions but i an trying to read and learn in a short period before I plasterboard the house!
Thanks for all replies

This is what the guy is proposing to install:
Home Cinema
1.00 Projector- Epson TW 6000 3D 1080p
1.00 Screen- 2.27M wide 16:9 electric
3.00 Wall mount speakers Paradigm 6.5" PV160 Square 2.00 Ceiling speakers Paradigm PV160 round
1.00 Sub woofer Paradigm Cine Sub
1.00 Denon 5.1 amplifier AVR 1611
1.00 HC300 c/w remote
0.00 DVD player integration DVD player supplied by 1.00 AMC X86 6 Zone 8 source A/V matrix
1.00 HC800
1.00 Dune HD media player with integration
1.00 16 port gigabyte switch
1.00 Router
1.00 IPad site license
0.00 Sky Freeview integration equipment supplied by 4.00 Wireless acess points (to be spread around the 0.00 Kitchen
2.00 Ceiling speaker pair

The first part of that kit list looks ok, the Epsom is good projector, which I have used before.

The second half makes no sense to me. I have not heard of that matrix before, with rings a few alarm bells, also the mixed description of sky, freeview and wifi make no sense at all.

Also, two cat6's and 3 coaxes is a little unusual, usual, industry practise is around 3 cat5/6 and a pair of coaxes, maybe doubling the coax count in the main viewing rooms to allow for good Local sky viewing and feed back.

Hth.

V.

Thanks vex
Yeh I am no where near clued in hence why I have joined to ask for advice and help,
So I can not comment vex, he talked about running it all through a matrix so I can watch
Sat anywhere on tv in the house and also in cinema/games room for all that equipment and installation
He is looking 10k plus vat I thought it was very expensive?

Hi Darren

It doesn't look like the system you have been quoted does anything other than the cinema room.

To be honest your notional budget is very tight for a complete 6 zone system audio and video system.

Where abouts are you based? Maybe someone on here could help you with a spec.

V.

Based in n Ireland vex, was sorta hoping someone could mayb help me out with a spec, my electrician is pulling 2 coaxial an 2 cat6 to
All tv poins and I'm going to leave in speaker cable so all I will need now is equipment which i Ain't got a clue??
Thanks for your reply!

Vex: I'm not trying to scam a free job just in case it seems hat way,,I am more than willing to pay someone
On this site for help,equipment,ect
Thanks
Darren

If you're building the house why not install ducts within the walls/ceilings/floors to run the cables in? This would allow for further expansion and alteration.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom