New Hitachi 32LD7200

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by sgiorgi, Apr 2, 2005.

Tags:
  1. sgiorgi

sgiorgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am moving to a new house in about 4 weeks time and am planning to buy an lcd tv when I move in. I have read alot of your comments and was planning to get one of the following.

Tosh 32WL48 (wifes favourite)
    32pf9976
    32pf9986 (my favourite but I don't know if the wife will let me spend that much)

I visited my local tv/hi-fi shop today who told me about a new Hitachi 32LD7200 which is out in about 4 weeks (he said cost would be £1500).

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/viewProduct_1.jsp?productid=465

My question is what are peoples general thoughts on Hitachi LCDs.

2. sgiorgi

sgiorgi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No one have any comments on this set or Hitachi LCDs in general.

There's normally someone who's willing to give an opinion. :lease:

3. DanH

DanH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Cant tell you anything about Hitachi LCDs as ive never owned one, but this is the set ive been waiting for since its announcement a couple of months back. (among others)
    Im still using an 11yr old Hitachi 4:3 CRT thats as good today as when i first got it out the box, so i kinda trust the brand.

The connectivity is great: HDMI, DVI(HDCP), VGA, Component (ProgScan), 3 Scarts (2 RGB), and the usual s-video/composite.

Sound looks ok with 2x8W speakers (detachable) and 1 bit Digital Amp aswell.
    Oh, and its got a motorised swivel stand too. :)

So it all looks good on paper at least, but whats the picture like? Your best off waiting around for a couple of more months if possible, all the big names are coming out with new LCDs, so it should be interesting. £1500 sounds very good though, and should be cheaper online aswell.