Question New hifi system advice for office setup

hamzamian

Thanks all for all the advice and recommendations.

I had some time today so made a few calls to some retailers for advice and prices and have ended up placing an order with Richer Sounds.

Tom @ Cinehome

AVForums Sponsor
I'm a bit late to the party here, but a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 paired with the Lyngdorf MH-3 loudspeakers and BW-3 subwoofer(s) makes for a fantastic system in any space, including an office. Also performs exceptionally well with the KEF Meta's. Anyway, hope you enjoy the new system :)

hamzamian

I'm a bit late to the party here, but a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 paired with the Lyngdorf MH-3 loudspeakers and BW-3 subwoofer(s) makes for a fantastic system in any space, including an office. Also performs exceptionally well with the KEF Meta's. Anyway, hope you enjoy the new system :)

Thanks.

That's a brand I'd not even heard of before and would have happily looked into it but I already placed an order yesterday so unless I'm disappointed with it I suspect I'll just stick with it.

gava

Did you get the KEFs in the end? They are incredibly good near-field speakers.

Don't keep us in suspense - what did you buy?

hamzamian

The saleman at Richer was very helpful and had owned the LS50s himself as well as several different amps so after a chat and great deal from them in the end I went for

LS50 meta in grey
CA Azur 851A
CA CXN V2

Won't turn up for a bit but that gives me time to get the office refurb finished and the furniture back in so i can use it when it does!

Paul7777x

I can’t help but think the Lyngdorf 1120 would have been the better buy (rather than both CAs) by a considerable margin, due to the RoomPerfect magnificence but I certainly hope you enjoy the set up sir.

gava

I suspect that will sound very good. Possibly if not listening near-field you may end up wanting a subwoofer, and I would highly recommend the REL T5i.

I think you're going to be very happy with that system.

hamzamian

I can’t help but think the Lyngdorf 1120 would have been the better buy (rather than both CAs) by a considerable margin, due to the RoomPerfect magnificence but I certainly hope you enjoy the set up sir.
I should hope so, it costs almost twice what I paid for the 851A :)

I suspect that will sound very good. Possibly if not listening near-field you may end up wanting a subwoofer, and I would highly recommend the REL T5i.

I think you're going to be very happy with that system.
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it!!

hamzamian

I was under the impression that the amp and streamer were around £2000 together?
Sorry I thought the Lyngdorf 1120 is only an amp and would still require a streamer. Should have looked closer!

Total price for the 851 and CXN though was 1800ish so comparable to the 1120. Well I hadn't heard of it till after I had ordered though... so hopefully I'll be happy and remain in ignorant bliss as to whether the 1120 would have been a better fit for me :)

Paul7777x

Sorry I thought the Lyngdorf 1120 is only an amp and would still require a streamer. Should have looked closer!

Total price for the 851 and CXN though was 1800ish so comparable to the 1120. Well I hadn't heard of it till after I had ordered though... so hopefully I'll be happy and remain in ignorant bliss as to whether the 1120 would have been a better fit for me :)

I’m sure you shall. The CAs are top class by all accounts.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED EVO Review (OLED65G1)
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom