Question New hifi system advice for office setup

Thanks all for all the advice and recommendations.

I had some time today so made a few calls to some retailers for advice and prices and have ended up placing an order with Richer Sounds.

I'm a bit late to the party here, but a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 paired with the Lyngdorf MH-3 loudspeakers and BW-3 subwoofer(s) makes for a fantastic system in any space, including an office. Also performs exceptionally well with the KEF Meta's. Anyway, hope you enjoy the new system :)

I'm a bit late to the party here, but a Lyngdorf TDAI-1120 paired with the Lyngdorf MH-3 loudspeakers and BW-3 subwoofer(s) makes for a fantastic system in any space, including an office. Also performs exceptionally well with the KEF Meta's. Anyway, hope you enjoy the new system :)

Thanks.

That's a brand I'd not even heard of before and would have happily looked into it but I already placed an order yesterday so unless I'm disappointed with it I suspect I'll just stick with it.

Did you get the KEFs in the end? They are incredibly good near-field speakers.

Don't keep us in suspense - what did you buy?

The saleman at Richer was very helpful and had owned the LS50s himself as well as several different amps so after a chat and great deal from them in the end I went for

LS50 meta in grey
CA Azur 851A
CA CXN V2

Won't turn up for a bit but that gives me time to get the office refurb finished and the furniture back in so i can use it when it does!

I can’t help but think the Lyngdorf 1120 would have been the better buy (rather than both CAs) by a considerable margin, due to the RoomPerfect magnificence but I certainly hope you enjoy the set up sir.

I suspect that will sound very good. Possibly if not listening near-field you may end up wanting a subwoofer, and I would highly recommend the REL T5i.

I think you're going to be very happy with that system.

I can’t help but think the Lyngdorf 1120 would have been the better buy (rather than both CAs) by a considerable margin, due to the RoomPerfect magnificence but I certainly hope you enjoy the set up sir.
I should hope so, it costs almost twice what I paid for the 851A :)

I suspect that will sound very good. Possibly if not listening near-field you may end up wanting a subwoofer, and I would highly recommend the REL T5i.

I think you're going to be very happy with that system.
Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it!!

I should hope so, it costs almost twice what I paid for the 851A :)

Thanks. I'm really looking forward to it!!
I was under the impression that the amp and streamer were around £2000 together?

I was under the impression that the amp and streamer were around £2000 together?
Sorry I thought the Lyngdorf 1120 is only an amp and would still require a streamer. Should have looked closer!

Total price for the 851 and CXN though was 1800ish so comparable to the 1120. Well I hadn't heard of it till after I had ordered though... so hopefully I'll be happy and remain in ignorant bliss as to whether the 1120 would have been a better fit for me :)

Sorry I thought the Lyngdorf 1120 is only an amp and would still require a streamer. Should have looked closer!

Total price for the 851 and CXN though was 1800ish so comparable to the 1120. Well I hadn't heard of it till after I had ordered though... so hopefully I'll be happy and remain in ignorant bliss as to whether the 1120 would have been a better fit for me :)

I’m sure you shall. The CAs are top class by all accounts.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom