1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new Hi8 camcorder for £99!!!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by fcat, Apr 2, 2005.

1. fcat

fcat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    err, a few errors with that advert me thinks :confused:

It is listed as a Hi8 camcorder which obviously is an analogue format, yet it is also listed as having a digital zoom and a CCD sensor both of which are only found on digital camcorders.

I think the most likely thing is that the camcorder is actuallly a Digital8 cam. If anybody is looking at getting this then you should do some resurch to find out exactly what the true specs are!

Mark.

3. fcat

fcat
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +397
    My sony camcorder (about 5 years old) has a digital zoom, not sure about the CCD, but as there is no film to capture an image I can't see what would be different here between digital and analogue, other than perhaps resolution on more recent models.

5. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,111
    No reason why a Hi8 camcorder shouldn't have digital zoom and a CCD. Its completely irrelevant with regard to the tape format.

6. alistairgd

alistairgd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Say what? Of course Hi8 camcorders can have digital zoom, I have one right here made by Sony with 30x Digital Zoom stamped on the side! Never use the digital zoom of course, I canit think why anyone would ever want to once you see the effect, but regardless - there is digital zoom on analogue devices.

7. profisheruk

profisheruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG]

yip this cam definitly has 880x dig zoom.i bought this a few weeks ago and is my first cam.if you look closely at the pic,its the same as a samsung camcorder,its just got a differnt name tag on it.it also takes samsung batteries.my father has a samsung cam which he bought about 2 years ago and they look exactly the same.he paid over £300 for his aswell.if your just getting into filming i'd recommend this has its easy to use.even for me.you can even upload your film to your pc if you install a tv card which is easy to install and you can buy from pc world for £25 :clap:

see ya :hiya:

johnr

8. Timse1981

Timse1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its not aviliable currently.