1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New here... Please Help!??? Sony DVP-S735D

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by vaultertim, Sep 7, 2004.

1. vaultertim

vaultertim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,

I have A Sony DVP-S735D DVD Player and love it to bits. I have never had a problem with it in the 3years I've had it but yesterday it just stopped detecting disks, simply would not read anything, DVD's CD's, nothing! :(

It worked the previous night with no trouble at all and also yesterday morning for 20mins but when I got home in the evening it just wouldn't pick up a thing and is still like it now.

I tried a DVD lens cleaner but it wouldn't detect that either! :(

I even took the cover off (for the first time & the only thing in the house I haven't had the cover off!) to clean the lens etc. but it didn't make a difference... :( :( :(

Help... :lease:

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to e-mail me any replies

Thank you

Tim

2. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,237
    Sounds like the laser has died. This will usually require an entire replacement of the optical assembly which would not be financial viable. time toget a new player I think. THe Harman Kardon DVD22 would be a good start.

3. Babul4u

Babul4u
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My friend and I both have the same model, 735 - bought 3.5 years ago, his one developed a fault last week, i.e. stopped reading the disc.

As for my 735, it still plays fine, but skips chapters, freezes sometimes. The best thing about this player is that I can override the auto multi-region setting manually, useful for those RCE movies.

I'm looking to get a new player soon, to marry up with my new plasma.

4. vaultertim

vaultertim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Grrr!

This doesn't sound good at all...

I cannot believe that something I've had for 3yrs with absolutely NO problems at all can just pack up like that! It's a bloody expensive DVD player and I really can't bring myself to just write it off like that!

Also, I cannot find anything when I do a search on the Harmon Kardon DV22, any reason for that??? I get results for DVD1, 10, 20, 21 and 25 but no 22!!!

If I do buy a new player it will have to be something good, the Sony was a £500 player new and I'm devastated it's just given up the ghost like this with seemingly no way of fixing it!

*Groan*

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    If you really want to, a Sony Service Centre will usually replace the laser assembly for between £80 - £100 including VAT.
    You may find if they inspect it, that it can be repaired for less than £50 if the laser doesn't need replacing.

These days you can buy excellent DVD players for less than £100 or if you fancy it a DVD recorder for around £200. :cool: