New here, looking for thoughts on AV NEX Ltd Nexus

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Control & Remote Controls' started by FredBasset, Jun 4, 2004.

1. FredBasset

FredBasset
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Folks I'm new here and am just about to start planning a self build, we have the land and permission for the building.

One of my requirements is for some form of multi room distribution system, another is for it to cost no more than it needs to. That does not mean cheap btw as I want a good solution I just don't want to waste money.

I've been looking at the Nexus Multimedia kits which appeal to me as I am familiar with CAT5 cable. Has anyone had any experience of this system?

Regards
    Fred

2. ntslik

ntslik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    do you have any idea what sort of budget you are looking at, also is it to be audio, video or both.

3. FredBasset

FredBasset
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Its both Audio and Visual.

I see the minimum I will spend being £5k and the maximum I will spend would be £15, but if I can do it and do it well for £5k then thats what I'll do. I want to be able to distribute to 12 rooms.

Regards
    Fred

4. ntslik

ntslik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Is that full function in all 12 rooms or are some sub-zones (i.e. en-suites) as this also changes what type of system you cna go for, for a 12 room system you would be looking for nearer the £15k mark, as most system work as standard on a 4 or 6 main zone, to increase you need to daisy chain together which doubles the cost. I would seriously look at the Opus system, a fantastic system with great functionality without going over the top on budget.

5. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Fred,
    Another option to look at is Crestron. It is at the high end of your price range, but will offer much more in the way of whole house automation including lighting and HVAC. http://www.crestron.com

I am going down this route myself and more than happy to talk offline. I'm not a dealer in case anyone else is thinking that.