New here - help needed...

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Bizness, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Bizness

Bizness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Hi guys, newbie here... needed some info and this seems to be the best place to go with my questions.

I have pre-ordered Sky HD and need to buy a decent screen so that I can watch the impending world cup in HD.

I want a wall mountable screen, but don't know whether to go for Plasma or LCD. Want at least 32", but realistically 40/42.

What's the cheapest, most highly recommended TV based on these requirements, or alternatively, what's the best I can get with say 1200 quid?(although with a wedding coming up, could do with spending less)

Cheers for your help guys... :smashin:

2. shaithis

shaithis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Richer sounds are doing an Hitachi 42" HD-Ready plasma for 1200 notes.

Failing that you are down to 37" plasma....although could probably stretch to a Panasonic 37"

Not all that clued up on LCDs.....

3. Welwynnick

Welwynnick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +942
    Bizness, if you are going to use SkyHD, and presumably DVD etc, does that mean you don't need an internal tuner? What you say "TV", that means a display with integrated tuner and audio.

Without these, a plasma just becomes a display, or monitor, and may be better value if you don't need the all-in-one convenience of a TV.

Can you also predict whether you are likely to to use it in a mostly dim or bright room?

Nick

4. Bizness

Bizness

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Won't be a particularily bright room, mostly dim, don't think the sun gets round that side of my house.

Plus you are correct, integrated tuner not required... Any good displays then?