New here - Audio bluetooth adapter to earphone question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by dhbrown917, Dec 22, 2018.

1. dhbrown917

dhbrown917
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am new here so this may be the wrong place to post this. If so directions are appreciated.

I am trying to listen to TV through wireless earphones. My non-smart TV (Toshiba 40FT2U1) is 2011. I have been trying to hook up an audio bluetooth adapter but am unable to receive audio through my earphones. The bluetooth signal from the adapter to the earphones is connected but still no audio...? I have been told that I need to change the settings on my TV from internal to external speakers but I combed the menu and see no option for this. Because it is older then 2015 there is no Toshiba support....all thoughts are welcome.....

Thanks in advance!

2. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,637
    So far as I could see from the only manual I could find online, the TV only has a digital output, all the other sockets are input only.

I think you will need a digital to analogue converter - unless the TV has a headphone socket, in which case, you may be able to use that.

3. dhbrown917

dhbrown917
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the input! In going through the menu under audio set-up, there is an option for HDMI 1 Audio for analog or digital. I have tried both but still does not provide sounds through earphones. Does this change your opinion at all?

4. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,637
    No, that selects the input between HDMI audio and the mini jack input. It doesn't affect the output.

Remember, it's an output not an input that you need.