1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new headunit to support HDD MP3

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by graham.myers, Sep 8, 2004.

1. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    In my old car I had my hard drive MP3 installed but had to use the FM option because there were no spare plugs in the back of the head unit cos I had a factory installed sat nav.

in my new car I've gone the bluetooth GPS and an iPaq route so it isn't wired into the ICE.

I've finally (after a year :suicide: ) booked my car in to have it installed :thumbsup:

However talking to the guys at work they seem to think that my head unit (its a factory bog standard Audi A4 unit) wont have a pair of phonos on the back for me to plug the unit into :thumbsdow I hadn't given that a thought - I just assumed it would have.

So now I'm also looking for a new head unit but don't know where to start. I want one that has phonos on the back, with DAB/AM/FM and a CD (not bothered about mutli disc cos of the MP3). I use to have one with a removable front - are they still recommended due to sumbags thieving them or not?

additionally the current unit has on sterring wheel controls for next cd and volume. The current unit also is wired into the car display so it gives me cd track no or station name etc. I'll need a head unit with the required connectors for these too

someone please point me in the right directoin of potential manufactures and possible models.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
  3. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    just seen the 53 following a link from the dab website. recording onto an mmc thats original :) but I'd probably never use the feature!

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    52 has V similar spec but i dont like the front panel :blush:

5. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +932
    I've found a company (www.connects2.com) that do an aux in adaptor that adds a phono imput to my factory fit Audi Concery radio. its about £50 so that'll do me for now. Means I get to keep steering wheel control and display :)