• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question New headphones £100 max

cirian75

For the last 10 years I've been through 5 sets of PC gaming headsets

They all break, they sound OK but the durability is poop

Logitechs, Soundblasters, Steel series

They are just not built to last

The cables are moulded in the cans and fray

The sliders and swivels for adjustment, thats their biggest weak point, even when you buy one that looks metal, as soon at goes inside the cans or arch, they attach by short screws into thin plastic.

I've had enough of them

Going the separate mic and headphones route

The microphone already is sorted

So looking a set of all round good sounding over ear wired so they block out other sounds, made mostly of metal headphones for £100 or less

Plugged into a PC Used for

Gaming, YouTube and movies, not a mega bass fan but I do like to have some.

Suggestions?

Fe_man2000

I am really not experienced in this area but I have got a set of hyperX headphone which I have had for 2 years now and are very comfy and have not had any build quailty issues, the cable is fully removable and hence replacable, but I havent had to do that so far. It has a mic but also is removable and I think they sound great. cost around £80 if you buy them at the right time, there may well be newer version of this out by now though.

Amazon product

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom