New HDTV for Xbox 360...

clubber said:
I know it doesn't have DVI but i won't need DVI to use the 360 or watch SKY HD.

It does however have HDMI as stated here...

Samsung.com

Have a read and get back to me :)

DVI is compatible with HDMI, all you need is an adapter. :thumbsup:

It seems like most are doing the same thing with the XBOX 360. I also have the Samsung 26" for that purpose. It's a lovely set and gets my full recommendation. :smashin:

Although no doubt I'll be hooking the XBOX 360 upto my Panansonic 42" PV500 Plasma from time to time :D

Well i'm going to order it 2moro now.

Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it :smashin:

Bloody hell, is everyone on this forum going to have one of those Samsungs for the 360? It does seem like a bargain like, that's the reason I'm getting it aswell (the 26" tho). :D

clubber said:

from someone who works in the business, DO NOT buy one of these tv's, you will be sorely dissapointed with the convergeance.

if you have seen one running and it looks good see if you can get the shop/individual to run a line test generator or convergence grid test or even just display an image with what you know are straight lines on any other tv.
you will see distortion and splitting and bending of lines of the pic and the colours. middle of the screen is fine. its a trade off for having the slim rear.

also, the first one has hd inputs that are down-converted to sd.

The first one isnt allowed to carry the HD Ready logo at all. It cant take a 720p/50 or 60 signal and lacks any DVI/HDMI connection that will work with HDCP.
Typical of alot of sites slapping the HD Ready logo on anything they feel like. ****ing Idiots.

DanH said:
The first one isnt allowed to carry the HD Ready logo at all. It cant take a 720p/50 or 60 signal and lacks any DVI/HDMI connection that will work with HDCP.
Typical of alot of sites slapping the HD Ready logo on anything they feel like. ****ing Idiots.

danh, the tv you are refering to has a 'HDTVReady' logo, it does not mean it is fully compatible with hd and does not mean it can display a HiDef pic (which it can't without downscaling). It does however mean that it has an input that is hd compatible, i.e. component and has the ability to take an hd image through that input and show it on it's sd screen.

DigiUK are clearly using EICTA's "HD Ready" logo to advertise that model of TV.
EICTA HD Ready Logo Requirements said:
4. Requirements for the logo “HD ready”
The EICTA "HD ready" Minimum Requirements for display devices are neutral towards the
technology used (plasma, LCD, DLP, DLA, LCoS, CRT, ...) as well as the implementation
thereof (flat panel, rear projection, front projection, direct view, ...).
A display device has to cover the following requirements to be awarded the logo “HD ready”:
1. Display, display engine
• The minimum native resolution of the display or display engine is 720
physical lines in wide aspect ratio.
2. Video Interfaces
• The display device accepts HD input via:
o Analogue YPbPr1, and
o DVI or HDMI
• HD capable inputs accept the following HD video formats:
o 1280x720 @ 50 and 60Hz progressive (720p), and
o 1920x1080 @ 50 and 60Hz interlaced (1080i)
• The DVI or HDMI input supports content protection (HDCP)
The set in question falls short of the correct "HD Ready" spec by quite some margin, and isnt allowed to use it. Like i mentioned before, its typical of some places advertising "HD Ready" TVs, when in fact they are not, so they are more appealing. Its misleading, and blatant false advertising.

Oh right, i've just checked out the web site... i didn't bother looking at it before as i have seen this tv many times before and know it's specs.

Nice of DigiUK to lie so badly but then again as is so often mentioned on this and other sites, people who work in stores selling this equipment rarely understand the products and the technology and even if they do, a little untruth here and there makes them a lot of money, i'm sure this applies to the people who are trying to sell on websites as well.

The TV does not carry the official 'HD Ready' logo and therefore if you bought this product from them and it did not do anything it was meant to then DigiUK would have a responsibility to refund you.

Customers must research such things when making purchases and ask questions about things that are new so they may fully understand them.

When buying my samsung le32r41b recently, i obtained specifications from samsung before buying. Additionally i read a lot of reviews and discovered possible inherent faults. None of these faults were anything that would affect my viewing pleasure in the short term so when i discovered my tv had them i was not that concerned.

Never trust anybody trying to take your cash to be honest.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom