Question New hdmi cable for 4K uhd tv

Simclark26

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, newbie here so please be gentle.. I need to purchase a new hdmi cable for my new Samsung 4K uhd HDR tv, I don't have an old cable to use so need to buy new but don't have a clue where to start. I know I need a 2m long high speed cable but which one? Not interested in paying over the odds, I just want something that will work. Could anyone please recommend me a cable? Need a brand name and where to purchase if possible.. thanks..

Also on Amazon, I got OMARS Premium for UHD/HDR from BR to TV and also XO Platinum are good as they are HDMI 2.0b.

Hi joe, looking round this section of the forum you clearly know what your talking about but you don't seem to recommend any brand of cable? Do you have a preferred brand or type? Could you please point me in the right direction?

We (TMF) mostly deal with/supply long HDMI cables - Fibre being first choice at present.

Where we are installing short (2m) cables we mostly use non-branded cables we source via Octava Inc.

A few of the site sponsors here on AVF supply Premium High Speed and High Speed certified cables - AVForums Advertisers

Joe

We occasionally sell 'mystery' HDMI cables on our eBay clearance store which are pre-used HDMI cables without their original packaging and these can be picked up from £1 per cable. There are no 2m cables on there currently but otherwise our Platinum HDMI cables are a popular low cost option, and these are high speed HDMI cables. A 2m Platinum cable for example is just £3.99.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom