1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New HD5 owner headphone advice

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by tigersden, Aug 30, 2005.

1. tigersden

tigersden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,
    As it says in the title I am a new HD5 owner at present using a pair EX70 that I had with my ole CD Walkman.
    I am thinking of getting some new headphones but dont know which ones.
    I have been looking at the new Sony EX81's, or at the very top of my budget the Shure E2C, I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has experinece of using the EX70, EX81 & or Shure E2C.

Thanks in advance.

2. hd5_host

hd5_host

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    buy SONY E888 at ebay, it is much more better than shure, or EX model,

3. tigersden

tigersden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info, I will look into your suggestions.

4. pk3lee

pk3lee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to tell us, what is you price range? I am using UM2, B&O A8 and ER4p. They are equal or higher price than HD5. If you realy want to have a good advice.

5. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    Depends on where you listen. The E888 is surely a good earphone but if you're listening outside where there's a fair amount of noise, then all you'll hear is a tinny scratching. The E2c on the other hand provides a very good amount of isolation so you can hear everything better. It's a case of horses for courses... so the more specific you can be in how you use it on a daily basis, the less whatever we recommend will disappoint.

6. tigersden

tigersden
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think that I would require some isolation & personally prefer the in ear type of ear phone.
    My budget would be up to £100, not including any postage costs.
    I have just seen some Shure E4C's on E Bay for £89.95 + £19.95 p&p. I am really tempted by these phones.
    Anyone had any experience of them?

Thanks
    for your help.

7. shezzy2k

shezzy2k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I have the E4s which I bought to go with my HD5H, I can't really say how much more they give than the E2Cs as I haven't heard them, but they are by far the best in ear phones I have ever owned. If you have the budget to spend, then I would say go for it; I am positive that you will not regret it. They deliver an extremely neutral and balanced sound...I can actually hear sound effects in tracks that I couldn't hear before. :thumbsup: