New HD Tests on Astra at 19 east

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Astra/SES are running some HDTV 16:9 tests on :

12441 V, 27500 3/4 VPID=133 APID=134 pcr-PID=80
They are currently at 19.5 Mbpbs video datarate, 1920x1080i.

I had difficulty tuning this in at first until I viewed the transport stream and discovered the unusual PCR PID of 50h (i.e. 80 in decimal).

This is definitely different from the Euro1080 content - I can switch between the 2 to prove it.

Chris Muriel, Manchester.

Originally posted by Chris Muriel
12441 V, 27500 3/4 VPID=133 APID=134 pcr-PID=80

This is definitely different from the Euro1080 content - I can switch between the 2 to prove it.

Please confirm that the FEC is 3/4,

Thanks,

Rittberg

Yes it's 3/4.
I just double checked this with a real receiver (as opposed to PCI card).

Chris Muriel.

In my case ( SS2 & DVBViewer Full) no go.

Please advise the transponder signal level compared to the Euro1080's transponder.

Thanks,

Rittberg

It's almost as strong as Euro1080 - I just checked on my BLSA spectrum analyser that works with my Broadlogic card.
If you have an SS2 card, you can also try Rod Hewitt's TSreader transport stream reader http://www.coolstf.com/tsreader/

as it now supports these cards. It will never support an SS1 card though - it's demultiplexer strips off the packet headers that TSReader needs.
(I'll be talking to the author later tonight).

Try posting in a ProgDVB forum to see if anyone else has managed to get it.
There may be some ProgDVB issue with that channel or its TS format.
I can get it both with my Twinhan card and my BL card - but I use DVBapps from Hans in Florida (will be talking to him tonight also).

Yep, tuned & watching it here. Lovely hidef images of Paris & one gorgeous bikini clad girl (on a bike!)

Pioneer logo on show from time to time. An excellent development!!!

:smoke:

Thanks for proving I am not telling porkies :clown:
What card or STB are you using ?
I am womdering if either SS2 cards or ProgDVB has problems/issues with that odd (but valid) PCR of 80.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

SS2 & DVB Viewer (latest version).

Had to input the details manually as a scan didn't pick it up on that transponder but it does look very, very good :smashin:

Oscars in HD tomorrow night maybe?

I wish :)

Thanks, that proves the SS2 card is ok with it.
This points to an issue with ProgDVB instead.

Originally posted by Kramer
SS2 & DVB Viewer (latest version).

Had to input the details manually as a scan didn't pick it up on that transponder but it does look very, very good :smashin:

Oscars in HD tomorrow night maybe?

I wish :)

Please advise if your details are the same as mine (I am not able to receive that channel).

Thanks,

Rittberg

Attachments

• pioneer2.jpg
    pioneer2.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 470
DVB EXplorer finds the channel automatically with a scan. Wonder what this is all about ?

I assume this doesn't work on sky+

Originally posted by vineshc
I assume this doesn't work on sky+

You assume correctly :)

Rittberg,

IIRC those look spot on. I'll be firing up the PJ & PC a little later, will post again to confirm.

:smoke:

I spoke to someone at SES Astra about this test loop and it is just that, a temporary test which will be discontinued after a while. It is reassuring though to know that SES's customers (the European broadcasters) are showing an interest in HD.

Jim.

At last, I was able to see a HDTV signal live. I used DVB Dream on my Hauppage DVB card trained on the Astra loop test.

I still have not found a method of watching Euro 1080. I got a split second of vision and sound before getting a blank screen

The latest video from AVForums

Sony BRAVIA 9 Mini LED TV: The Best HDR TV EVER?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom