• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New HD-Ready Panasonics coming this summer

Goofy

Standard Member
The article in Heimkino seems to indicate that the new 500 series will support 720/1080 and HDMI connectivity.

Steve_P

Established Member
Goofy said:
The article in Heimkino seems to indicate that the new 500 series will support 720/1080 and HDMI connectivity.
Yep true but the key points that don't seem to get a mention are 720p/1080i @ 50Hz and HDMI with HDCP compliance. However, if Panny are claiming that the new PV500 series will be Hi Def ready for Europe then those 2 key points must be addressed.

S.

Chris5

Prominent Member
I'm sure you don't need to be told not to believe a fig what anybody tells you about Panasonic and 50Hz support until you see it with you own eye.

p.s. I went for the novel approach and bought something with ONLY 50Hz support :rolleyes:

brendan_dj

Established Member
According to the Panasonic Website

A highly defined picture

The HD Panel incorporates the very latest technology for reproducing natural images with superior detail. With around 1,050,000 pixels (1,366 x 768 XGA Resolution), the panel can reproduce the tiniest details from high-definition signals to provide a picture of unprecedented clarity and definition. The HD panel features a bounded cell structure in which wall-like ribs are used to wrap each individual cell. Through increasing the area in which the phosphor can be applied, this dramatically improves both light-emitting efficiency and intensity, resulting in images of superior brightness.

Brendan.

Dutch

Prominent Member
Steve_P said:
Yep true but the key points that don't seem to get a mention are 720p/1080i @ 50Hz and HDMI with HDCP compliance. However, if Panny are claiming that the new PV500 series will be Hi Def ready for Europe then those 2 key points must be addressed.

S.

All HDMI inputs are HDCP compatible by default.

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom