New HD Preview Show - Item on HD Outside Broadcasts

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by loz, Sep 4, 2007.

1. loz

loz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,787
    The first one I watched of these was a load of rubbish, but just flicking thru the box tonight to see if there was anything decent on, I had a quick look at the preview show, and there was actually an interesting short item on Sky sports outside broadcasts in HD.

What a huge pile of equipment they have to play with! I want one :)

2. BSNismo

BSNismo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,368
    yes i also see this i have to force myself to sit through it though because of the div the presents it.

3. dllord

dllord

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I agree! Cringeworthy at best!

4. mkcurtis

mkcurtis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Well, last week they were at my Football Club Bristol City, Ashton Gate They had their two OB trucks outside and I had a good look in before the game and after the game. I work in the telecommuniations industry, background is big IT networks and Ive seen some big clever kit in my time, but this blew me away.

Best part was the side of the truck came down at the back provided a kettle area for the staff!! The cables around the ground to delivery what they do is amazing. They were down there a week before for the England U21 game. Pure brilliance, highly skilled staff and I take my hat off to them.

5. uno

uno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Oh I will have to have a look at that I may even be on it myself but i can imagine it will be interesting for general public we quite often get people asking questions about the equipment used.

6. uno

uno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    I have watched the item on HD obs and agree it is good with excellent pic quality but the bit about uplinking and showing the sat uplink trucks was bit misleading as over 95% of Sky obs are done by fibre optic straight from the venue to Sky. I believe it was filmed at Twickenham for the rugby so the sat trucks would have been for BBC and sky news inserts rather than the live feed.