Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

New Harman Kardon receivers...look good!!!

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Nick CY, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Nick CY

Nick CY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody seen the new range of Harman Kardon receivers? They are now offered with 7 channels instead of just 5 like they were in the past :smashin: From what I've been reading in different reviews and on this website, they are pretty damn good from all aspects - sound quality (good for music & not just movies), build quality, Logic7 technology etc. Has anybody here tried them yet? Here's a pic of what most new models look like more or less:

[​IMG]

Also the following was taken from the Harman Kardon website for the AVR430 model:

AVR 430
    7 x 65W 7.1-Channel A/V Receiver

The truth is in the numbers: a 32-bit post processor, RS-232 connectivity, a two-line LCD remote control, Logic 7, Dolby Pro Logic II, DTS 96/24, a quadruple crossover with six crossover points per speaker location and more multiroom options than any other receiver, including A-BUS Ready connectivity. The AVR 430 is Harman Kardon to the core. You can count on big numbers from the seven-channel, high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifier, along with the ability to assign two of the channels to a second remote zone. No matter how you add it up, the AVR 430 delivers high performance.

I'm thinking of getting this amp, the smaller AVR 330 (7 X 55W) or the AVR 230 (6 X 50W). As for speakers I was thinking of the Monitor Audio Bronze B4 (towers) for fronts, B2 for rears and B centre (from Bronze series again). As for the subwoofer, I might get that later. Do you think this would be a good combination?