• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 152499

http://www.consolemonster.com/newspost.php?id=0000005443

New Halo to be announced tomorrow? Achievement page spotted
Submitted on: 31 May, 2009 20:40 BST

When Bungie became a privately held independent company, it appeared the Halo series would end with Halo 3. This talk was hushed by the announcement of Halo: ODST which we can expect to hear more of in Microsoft's E3 conference in just less than 24 hours, but there may be more than we expected from Halo at the event.

Kotaku earlier reported that a Halo: Reach forum was spotted on Bungie.net which led them to believe that it could be a new Halo title, but a discovery made by Console Monster may just have confirmed this rumour. On an achievement scout earlier today, I discovered the following: [SEE ATTACHMENT FOR PICTURE]

It's been known for Microsoft to create achievement pages for titles that aren't games, but with the novel: Halo: The Fall of Reach releasing in 2001, well before achievement pages existed, this may just be the evidence Halo fans were looking for, to confirm the existence of a new Halo title.

Attachments

• haloreach2.jpg
    haloreach2.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 73
More Halo :smashin: if it's real I doubt Bungie will be making it though :(

:eek: Copuld it be true?! I hope so! ODST is only a half title anyway, not a full price retail release, and certainly no new MP.

Rumours have persisted since early 2008 that Gearbox might be making a full Halo 4/sequel. :thumbsup:

Rumours have persisted since early 2008 that Gearbox might be making a full Halo 4/sequel. :thumbsup:

As good as Gearbox are it would be strange to not see the Bunjie name in the title (for a Halo FPS).

From the drop down that was on Bunjie's site I would assume that this is a Bunjie game, but it does also make me wonder what Peter Jackson's Wingnut Studios and Ryan Payton's team (not sure if they are the same team or not) are working on.

Anyway has anyone read the Halo novel with the similar name and any idea's what the story might be about? I would like to see a new Halo game but I kind of want a game with an epic battle feel with Master Chief (similar to what Halo 3 was).

Last edited:
:eek: Copuld it be true?! I hope so! ODST is only a half title anyway, not a full price retail release, and certainly no new MP.

I hope its true Billy. As you rightly point out, I'd kinda forgotten that ODST is 'merely' a bit of an add-on to Halo 3. In fact, do I recall correctly that the campaign element of ODST is going to add 4-5 hours of play? Not a great deal, so very much an expansion rather than a new game, as such.

Still can't wait for ODST, as then I can has Recon armour :zonked:

Still can't wait for ODST, as then I can has Recon armour

There's some new stuff on Bungie.net following the E3 press conference, including more details on getting Recon armour. There will be a total of 7 Vidmaster achievements you need to get:

For the first time, Recon Armor for use in Halo 3 multiplayer will be made available to players who complete the "Road to Recon" challenge. Earn all seven of the Vidmasters, a series of Xbox LIVE achievements that span Halo 3's Campaign and Multiplayer and Halo 3: ODST, and then visit your Bungie.net Service Record with a linked gamertag to enable your sweet new set of digital duds.

:)

Halo Reach confirmed for 2010 \o/

And it's Bungie making it :).

Last edited:
I almost forgot about the Reach beta :clap:

I wonder what kind of game it will be? From the picture doing the rounds it looks like it could be a squad based game what with the heavy gunner on the left, sniper on the right, maybe a medic second left(?) and the other 2 guys.

Only speculation ofc :D anyone else got any thoughts on it?

122555d1243892952-new-halo-announced-h522.jpg

Attachments

• h522.jpg
    h522.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 4,184
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom