• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new guy wanting some help/advice....



Hi Guys....

i need some help and/or assistance please???

i have been offered a number of plasma screens with US model numbers.....what do i need to think about??

I've been told about the power supplies....but is there a way round this??

Can anyone please help???


:lease: :smashin:

AV Junky

Active Member
You can buy a power converter from Maplin, if it is necessary. Many consumer electronics devices accept multiple voltage standards these days. Check the specs. Whilst your checking, make sure they accept PAL TV signals (625/576 interlaced and progressive).


thanks for that.....i thought that might be the case....

i also need to check what sort of converter i would need!!!??

can you help on that too??

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:


Distinguished Member
moto they would have to be very very cheap to be worth while, just be careful, and if it looks too good to be true then it probably is..........


There will be no warranty, and possibly parts problems too. Euro screens are not such a problem, but I too would recommend keeping clear of US screens. Ask yourself 'what are they doing here', most of the answers are moderately ugly.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom