New Griddle Pan - Recommendations please?

BT Bob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps.

I have a Pro-Cook griddle pan that's about 2 years old that gets a lot of use.

The non-stick coating is going away in places, so I'm looking around for a replacement and thought I'd see if anyone has any recommendations.

I previously had a Tefal, and that tasted way longer than the Pro-Cook, so I may go back to that.

I also looked at the Prestige Eco which looks interesting.

TIA.

Try a carbon steel pan, it will need seasoning but there is no non-stick coating to worry about scratching or peeling off.
Clean it with water only, no detergent or dishwasher.
I have DeBuyer 'carbone plus' frying pans they do cheaper and more expensive carbon steel pans. I do have a cast iron griddle pan that is used when her indoors wants sear marks for her FB showing off!

I believe pro cook give a 10 year guarantee?
I don’t put these in the dishwasher as that destroyed one of our pans (was the anodised aluminium with non stick). Anyhow they replaced it for free and just warned about using a dishwasher with them.(although they did say the pots are dishwasher proof??)
I will probably get the stainless steel set soon as the non stick coating is starting to come off...they are now over 10 years old.

I believe pro cook give a 10 year guarantee?
I don’t put these in the dishwasher as that destroyed one of our pans (was the anodised aluminium with non stick). Anyhow they replaced it for free and just warned about using a dishwasher with them.(although they did say the pots are dishwasher proof??)
I will probably get the stainless steel set soon as the non stick coating is starting to come off...they are now over 10 years old.
Thanks - I'll check the guarantee - I hadn't realised that...

I wouldn't count on it, going from the description:
Metal handles
Metal pan handles heat up when cooking so be careful when lifting pans and touching handles. Please use an oven glove, mitt or pot holder when handling hot pans.

Have to say I’ve not noticed that mine does. Certainly never had a situation where I couldn’t hold the handle while cooking

Same here with my pro cook handles... they’ve never got hot.. but then I don’t put them in the oven... if I was able to do that then yes use gloves!!

Same here with my pro cook handles... they’ve never got hot.. but then I don’t put them in the oven... if I was able to do that then yes use gloves!!
I've never put mine in the over either - but, yes, I'd use an oven glove if I did.

I was looking at griddle pans the other week. I decided that it wouldn't be worth me getting one as I don't think I'd use it enough but actually that's probably down to ignorance on my part. What sort of things do you all use yours for? I already have a couple of smaller frying pans for normal frying use.

I love a good griddle pan, and this had made me think.

My Cirulcon pan set is probably 8-9 years old now and has seen better days so I wan to buy a full set of pans.

Stanless v coated v ?

Will need a full set of 6 or 7 pieces and ideally a sauté pan with a glass lid included (I’ve got a great stainless stock/pasta pan with drainer so that’s not essential.

Should I just buy blind of Amazon with Le Creuset, Tefal, PRocook or Zwlling etc.

It’s quite a bewildering choice tbh

I was looking at griddle pans the other week. I decided that it wouldn't be worth me getting one as I don't think I'd use it enough but actually that's probably down to ignorance on my part. What sort of things do you all use yours for? I already have a couple of smaller frying pans for normal frying use.
I use mine for things like steaks, salmon, burgers, chicken fillets.

I probably use it at least twice a week, so I'm happy to spend a few ££ for a quality pan.

I love a good griddle pan, and this had made me think.

My Cirulcon pan set is probably 8-9 years old now and has seen better days so I wan to buy a full set of pans.

Stanless v coated v ?

Will need a full set of 6 or 7 pieces and ideally a sauté pan with a glass lid included (I’ve got a great stainless stock/pasta pan with drainer so that’s not essential.

Should I just buy blind of Amazon with Le Creuset, Tefal, PRocook or Zwlling etc.

It’s quite a bewildering choice tbh
Yes it is...

We have some Prestige Lifetime SS pans with copper-bottoms that I've had for probably 20 years.
3 Saucepans wirth lids, milk pan, sauté pan and frying pan. There's times a lid for the frying pan would be useful so I have a separate non-stick one with a lid (I think it's a Thomas - bought a few years ago from Tesco when they were doing a deal with tokens).

The Prestige pans are still in great condition - I've replaced the wooden handles twice - so would happily buy them again (if they were available).

Don’t discount M&S in my opinion. I’ve recently bought decent frying pans and a cast aluminium casserole dish and a couple of cast aluminium roasting pans and they’re all great and not too expensive.

I think like most things in life, you get what you pay for. No need to go silly but don’t go cheap or pay twice. Good luck. :smashin:

I think like most things in life, you get what you pay for. No need to go silly but don’t go cheap or pay twice. Good luck. :smashin:
Thanks.

Yes - I totally agree.
I'd struggle to spend £120 for, the Le Creuset, for example - although, apart from the cost, the weight of it would be a big issue for me and especially my wife.

All meats, fish with skins on, great for chargrilled vegetables. I use mine more than the frying pan

I've got a Lodge cast-iron one I like to use. I've a couple of other pans by them, cheap and they'll outlast me. Great for searing on.

I'm not a huge fan of non-stick. It has its place and uses but I don't use them often.

Can second that, lodge cast iron pans are excellent for getting a proper crust on steaks / chicken etc

Aldi were doing some, sold out online but may still have them in the local store. Surprisingly good and it works on induction hobs as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom