new gen receivers, buy now or wait?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by philthyanimal, Sep 9, 2007.

1. philthyanimal

philthyanimal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just about sold my 3806 on the sales forum, so now looking or a new one. all we have at the mo is the denons and the onkyos.
    so do i wait and see what else turns up, or buy one of the ones on offer, if so which one. the 875 and 3808 come well within my budget and the 905 can be bought but it might mean i have to stay in for a few weeks. should i push the boat right out and buy a 4808?
    my speakers at the mo are not the best and will be upgraded in time, hopefully to set of m&k xenons(if i can still get them)
    the plasma is to be upgraded to a ph10 50" and the video source is a htpc(need to upgrade the sound card on that so any tips most welcome)

2. Paulie-W

Paulie-W

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +493
    New Yamaha`s will be out soon, to give you another option.

3. dazza74

dazza74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,394
    Budget wise I'm in a different league so please bear that mind, but seems a heck of a difference between the 3808 and the 4808, sure I've been reading most have been plumping for the 3808 as they can't justify the added expense for the 4808 and in your case you could use the difference in money towards the speakers