New gear has arrived :)

Hitby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
DHL delivery man has just come back after I missed him earlier and brought my new D90 and nifty fifty :) Just waiting for the battery to charge so I can have a play.

Just had a quick question though, There's no lens case with the 50mm 1.8 - is that right? There was even one with the camera for the kit lens so I expected one to be honest :)

Oh well, not the end of the world if not!

DSC_5358.jpg by hook_design_alter(), on Flickr

DSC_5359.jpg by hook_design_alter(), on Flickr

DSC_5360.jpg by hook_design_alter(), on Flickr

DSC_5361.jpg by hook_design_alter(), on Flickr

That's no 'Nifty Fifty'.
Looks like the kit lens.
He did mention the Kit lens having a case
and didn't say this was the 50 , just wondered why that didn't come with a case

Yeah that's right. A bit disappointing but hopefully the pictures will make up for it! Looking forward to trying it out.

Nice kit - looking forward to seeing what you can do with it now :smashin:

Jim

Thanks, So am I! I've an idea in mind for this months photo comp so will have to see how it goes!

Excellent stuff. My fifty didn't come with a case either, then again I wouldn't have used it as I use a Crumpler bag for all my gear and I'm not into a bag in a bag type person.

Whilst the kit lens is on you can pop the fifty in that bag of course. It's green :)

:D me too!

fwiw I've got a Hama Skylight Filter 1 A (LA+10) - 67mm on at the moment. I assume it's ok to just leave that on all the time? It's not going to affect my pictures negatively?

Thanks

Yes it's ok to leave the filter on, welcome to the D90 club:smashin:

Very nice looking new gear! I'm jealous! :D I like that camera! :smashin: Looking forward to see your shots! :)

update: I've not taken anything that I'm particularly proud of yet but I'm astonished by the multitude of features that I have access to that I didn't on the D40. I'm made up with the camera and the kit lens - My 50mm, I'm sure it's going to be great but I've not got my head round it just yet. I'm now feeling that I'm a bit over camered (new word?) - I'm hoping to catch up to my equipment soon though :)

edit: camerared?

I know how you feel, that is why I stayed so long with my D70 it was so much camera for me that for all those years it was still me who was the limiting factor not the camera.

And as you can see from the upgrade there most definitely is a gap between handling, features, information provision when you start into d90 onwards territory. Enjoy. I've just made a more level upgrade to the d7000 and it is interesting to see and learn the advances in 7 years.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom