• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Gaming Machine Build

bigbfan

Hello - Looking to move away from using my laptop for gaming and productivity. Ive given myself about a £1600 budget so want something that will last a few years.

What I am looking at so far is:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core 4.7GHz (Socket AM4) Processor -...
MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi (AMD AM4) DDR4 X570 ATX Motherboard
WD Blue SN550 2TB NVME M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3 Solid State Drive...
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 32GB (2x16GB) 3600 MHz AMD Ryzen Tun...
Some flavour of Nvidia 3070 when I can source one..

I could do with some help speccing out a decent case and power and possibly cooling.. I understand water cooling is the way to go. I like the look of the Loan Li PC-O11 case, so if I can get some help building around that it will be great..

Thanks in advance.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
What resolution are you playing at?

bigbfan

I have 2x 27” LG GL850s so happy to keep it at 2k but obviously would want some longevity if I want to get into 4k gaming.

thanks in advance

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I have 2x 27” LG GL850s so happy to keep it at 2k but obviously would want some longevity if I want to get into 4k gaming.

thanks in advance
In that case I would drop down to a 5600x or, if you really need the additional cores, a 3700x and spend the extra cash on a 3080.
I have the Lian Li mentioned and it is fantastic. As for water cooling, custom loops look great but are expecting and require maintaining. I would go for a decent air cooler or AIO

bigbfan

I already bought the CPU and to be honest i think ill use that as I plan to use some processor intensive work.

I dont mind paying extra for the 3080 but the fact that I cant find anywhere and its probably easier to source a 3070 hence the reason for going with this.

Any recommendation for cooling please

CARLOS

Distinguished Member
I have a similar setup, 5800X, X570 Tomahawk and 3080FE for cooler I have just installed a Arctic Liquid Freezer ii 360 and its superb, it is extremely quiet and does a brilliant job at cooling and was only £99 from Scan also using the Arctic P140 fans in the case which again are brilliant and crazy cheap compared to other brands.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
I already bought the CPU and to be honest i think ill use that as I plan to use some processor intensive work.

I dont mind paying extra for the 3080 but the fact that I cant find anywhere and its probably easier to source a 3070 hence the reason for going with this.

The 3070 will be fine but for future proofing i would get the 3080. I game at 1440p and the likes of cyberpunk push the 3080 at max settings, as does the new assassin's creed.
I also have a 360 AIO (I purchased a deep cool model, it was on offer for £60 a while back) and it keeps my 5600x cool.

Mr Fring

Another one here with a 5800x, Lian Li O11 Dynamic, X570 Carbon, and 3080.

For cooling I’m running a Cooler Master ML240R aio with 6 Corsair QL120’s for intake and 2 Corsair QL140’s for exhaust. Temperatures are nice and cool for the CPU and GPU also pretty quiet too.

bigbfan

Thanks guys.. @Mr Fring did you have to buy that cooling all at once.. or did you gradually add.

would you kindly send us some pics of your build please.

Mr Fring

Thanks guys.. @Mr Fring did you have to buy that cooling all at once.. or did you gradually add.

would you kindly send us some pics of your build please.
I’ve upgraded my fans from Corsair SP’s and LL’s to QL’s over the last few months. I got my AIO when I upgraded from an Intel 7600k to 3600 as my original AIO didn’t have the fitting kit for the AMD socket.

I can get some pictures up tomorrow if that’s okay, I’m not by my PC at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom