Question New (gaming) Laptop Question

immafirestarter

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of buying a laptop that will be used for both medium intensity gaming (games like hearthstone, darkest dungeon up to more graphically intensive games like witcher 3 etc) and for general productivity and work (coding).

My heart is set on the new razer blade 15; but I am not sure whether it is worth upgrading to a gtx 1070 over a 1060? (since I won't be playing any VR, 4K etc). Also are there any other laptops that may be a better fit? (I also considered the XPS 2 in 1).

Needs to be portable, preferably 15 inch.

I own a Razer Blade Pro (it cost a lot of money). Bought it last August and the fan went at the beginning of August just gone. Fortunately, it was just within warranty and Amazon replaced it with no issues. If you read online owners forums for Razer laptops you'll quickly get the idea that these very thin laptops are not great for cooling and, Razer laptops particularly, are prone to malfunctioning due to heat issues. Personally, even though the laptop I have looks great and performs very well (it has a 1080) I'd struggle to recommend when you consider the cost of Razer laptops and the general problems they have with heat.

In terms of gaming on a laptop have you checked Scan's website? They have a good range of 1060 laptops (and other laptops with 1070s/1080s). An example of their own laptop is at: VR Ready RGB Gaming Laptop with Intel Core i7 8750H and NVIDIA GTX 1060

I actually ended up buying the razer blade then cancelling it as there was a deal on the msi gs65, which came it at £500 cheaper with the downside of a slightly smaller ssd. Worth it I think. You are right about the blade being a little too pricey and worrying about the qa.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom