New game for 5 year old boy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Looking to get our 5 year old lad another game - he has all the Lego games and Toy Story 3.

Anything new that anyone can recommend? Or old even?

Krooner

Distinguished Member
Looking to get our 5 year old lad another game - he has all the Lego games and Toy Story 3.

Anything new that anyone can recommend? Or old even?

My five year old loves Burnout Paradise, I suppose it depends on your son's love of cars but I found as there's no time limits and you can just drive around the whole city from the off it really suited my little boys short attention span.

As a bonus you can get it for peanuts nowadays.

Daftboy

Viva Piñata, Spiderman series, Kung Fu Panda (Loads of them cheap), have a look on Amazon, Play, etc forlots of cheap children's games.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
How about some of the Arcade games on XBL?

My three year old boy can't get enough of Trials HD!

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Thanks, but he doesn't have xbox live in his bedroom, we don't allow him online as of yet. Basically Daddy has promised him a trip to town tomorrow so he can pick a new game but I need a heads up. School closed due to elections etc.

Although I used to love gaming I'm a bit of a dinosaur now as to what's appropriate/good etc.

sdb123

Distinguished Member
Re: the Lego games, does he have Lego Star Wars III: Clone Wars? That only came out recently; there is also Lego Pirates of the Caribbean out a week on Friday.

How about any of these ?

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Ice Age : Dawn of the Dinosaurs
Night At The Museum : BOTS
WWE : Legends Of WrestleMania
Disney Pixar Up
Cars
Cars Mater-National
Cars Race-O-Rama
Kung Fu Panda
Meet The Robinsons
Open Season
Rango
Space Chimps
Surfs Up
Wall E

Game will have some of these on 3 for 2. They normally go for £15.00 each. You could get them cheaper from other places. But since your under pressure and time it works out at around 3 games for the price of 1 brand new game.

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Thanks everyone. I think Burnout Paradise might be an option but I'll see what he says in the morning..

No doubt an expensive day ahead!

SID 6581

My 6 year old has started to enojoy the 360 and I've got him a few games, my recommendations would be :
  • Cloudy with a chance of meatballs. He really enjoyed this and it has two player co-op which really helps!
  • Megamind was another he enjoyed and was easy enough that he could play by himself which was handy as two player co-op in that one sucks (player two is virtually useless).
  • UP is another good choice with very good co-op implemented that needs players to work together
  • G-Force isn't bad although the difficulty is a bit higher than the others. Only played single player, not sure if it has co-op.
  • Marvel Super Hero Squad. Another decent co-op game but again a higher difficulty than the first three.
However all of these are a lot shorter than TS3 and the Lego games.

He's also got Planet 51 and Monsters vs Aliens to play but hasn't touched these yet.

Non kids games he enjoys would be Crackdown 1/2 with keys to the city god mode enabled, just likes running round jumping/flying and shooting everything in sight!

He's currently on Toy Story 3 and loving it (especially Woodys Roundup area) but wants me to collect the missing cards in story mode for him so he can get the cheevos...6 years old and already addicted to the bloop :laugh:

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Massive thanks to all the members above. We went to CEX today and bought...

Crackdown (was going to get Burnout but he can drive around on this game too)
Virtua Fighter 5
WWE Legends of Wrestlemania

Total spent: £18!

Really appreciate the help. One very happy Son here!

rikki2ks

You bought a five year old Crackdown?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom