1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New FX5700 Ultra and Powerstrip problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Nick Cartwright, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Nick Cartwright

Nick Cartwright

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I’ve just swapped my old Radeon 7200 AIW for a GEFORCE FX5700 Ultra but now Powerstrip is not working.

When I first ran Powerstrip I got a message saying something like ‘Clockspeed of this Graphics adapter can not be detected, refresh rates will be estimated’ or something along those lines.

Then when I ran Powerstrip with a 1280x720x75 refresh rate the monitor refused to display anything, but put up a warning massage saying that the refresh rate was out of limits and showed about 140hz.

Does Powerstrip still assume I’m running the Radeon or is there something else I need to do to get it to work?

I am fed up of PC’s, I blame Microsoft for making every change I make so awkward and un-straightforward!

Thanks

Nick

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +263
    Are you running an up to date version of Powerstrip? Do you know that the display actually works at 1280x720x75?