New 'Full HD' projector, but with a compromise!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by MoFoHo, May 4, 2007.

1. jacko5

jacko5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Thanks AV1. I too watch mostly DVDs and Sky HD so no problem. I just occasionally watch SD from the Sky box, which is 576p and I suspect it is RGB and should not be a problem. I did read about a pending firmware revision to overcome the 'chroma sampling error', but I am not sure whether it is released yet.

2. Avi

Avi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,064
    IIRC new units already have FW version 061. The "pending revision" is for the initial batch of 059 units.

AVI

3. jacko5

jacko5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +173
    Thanks for clearing that up.

4. gandley

gandley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    i agree with AVI, i also use to own the pearl, my review is here=

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=433049&highlight=pearl+impressions

i have spent some time with the panasonic and you get them from ebay imported from HK for £1750 including del

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-Pan...ryZ22610QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

personaly in order of quality i would say HD1 leads but it does have a couple of quirks, followed by the pearl which cant match the HD1 but is closer than some like to admit and then followed by the panasonic which is a nice LCD projector but is too dim for my liking and is best suited to less than 96ins screens. (i have a 110ins and the HD1 lights it up perfectly the pearl not too bad but the panasonic lost all its vibrancy and puch. it just look flat out dim in its best mode.)